For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
KendrickM's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Sunday, August 10th, 2014 12:48 AM

ATT UVERSE LOW UPLOAD RATE

Just had ATT UVERSE installed on 8AUG, Friday, and I cannot use the internet for anything becuause I cannot communicate with any website.  Sure the download is great, but if no website can register clicks on their links, it is kind of a moot point. It took ~10-15 times to attempt to logon to MyATT.net just to find that I cannot load the troubleshooting page.  The router diagnostics say all is just hunky dorey, but when i run pings (Test Internet Access on the Router Diagnostics page), i usally get 100% packet loss. 

ATT FAIL.PNG

The Tech that was here for 6 hours on Friday was unble to resolve it and left because it was 10 PM after arriving at 4PM.  He said that it was a network wide error.  If so, why hasn't ATT given a Mea Culpa and assured customers it would be taken care of immediately?  And below is the awesome Speedtest result that shows my AWESOME upload speed.  I haven't had results like this since I had to insert an AOL CD into my computer to get internet. I am not impressed.

SLOW UPLOAD

[Inappropriate content removed]

2 Attachments

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

10 years ago

You all in Texas, is this a FTTN fiber to the node or a FTTP fiber to the premise (would have required outside and inside tech)

The RG is ? 510, 5168, 3600, 3800, 3801, i38hg or 589.

Basically from a techs perspective (you may not know) max download, and upload sync rates at RG.

Nothing else plugged into RG but your device testing with.... Not wireless, need hardwired.

The tech should not have closed the repair ticket but returned the job to pool, suspect with 6 hours on site this may not have happened.

Recommend calling to see if being rescheduled or need to create a new appointment.

Coach

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T's upload packages are causing me problems too. I'm a professional streamer on Twitch.tv, one of the most popular websites on the internet right now, but none of the packages they offer meet my needs, and my streaming makes up a nice hunk of my income from ad revenues and donations.

It's 2014, all of the new gaming consoles have built-in streaming and video sharing software, but AT&T seems to be stuck in 2002 with their upload speeds when today's average internet user needs higher upstream rates for things like torrents, streaming, uploading to YouTube, cloud storage, etc.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Neomic wrote:

AT&T's upload packages are causing me problems too. I'm a professional streamer on Twitch.tv, one of the most popular websites on the internet right now, but none of the packages they offer meet my needs, and my streaming makes up a nice hunk of my income from ad revenues and donations.

It's 2014, all of the new gaming consoles have built-in streaming and video sharing software, but AT&T seems to be stuck in 2002 with their upload speeds when today's average internet user needs higher upstream rates for things like torrents, streaming, uploading to YouTube, cloud storage, etc.

Unluckily all ATT consumer plans are asymmetric DSL, even VDSL, meaning high download speed and low upload speed  If you saturate your upload, you lose download speed too. Just the way it works. 

You'd need a symmetric DSL business plan, where up/download speed are even, like 3/3 or 10/10, or a cable system. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Greetings,

I have no idea it this is "FTTN fiber to the node or a FTTP fiber to the premise."  There was just one tech and he was in and out of the apartment and I don't know what he was doing outside. 

The RG is 589 but I don't know what that means or why its an important distinction from any other. 

I have my desktop hardwired and all tests I posted from my previous post are from a hardwired computer, but through a wall socket, so I don't know if that is important or not. 

I talked to an agent online and finally had to reschedule a new appointment with a Senior Technician, (Her words).  I don't know if that was just to placate me or if there is such a thing. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

The way to tell if you're FTTN or FTTP is how is your NVG 589 connected on the input side?  If connected to the Orange/Red ONT port, then you're FTTP (Fiber to the Premises).  If connected to the Green DSL port, then you're FTTN (Fiber to the Node).

You can also tell by going to http://192.168.1.254 and visiting the Broadband Status page and seeing what type of connection.  There's other information there that might be helpful.  Cut and paste it here and let us see.

Your behavior is not normal.  You should be getting 3 Mbps up with a 24 Mbps down link.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Greetings,

I am connected to the ONT port. 

[edited for privacy-removed image displaying unique MAC/IP addresses]

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Greetings,

Speedtest

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

The RG is saying that all your traffic is IPv6.  I'm not sure I believe that.  Is that your intent?  If not, try disabling your IPv6 on your adapter.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Greetings,

IPv6 only was not my intent, I only left it as it was configured.  I turned off the IPv6 in the Home Network > Configure tab

As you can see, a marginal improvement, but not good enough as it took me 3 attempts to reply to this post.  and I couldn't upload the IPv6 off pic. 

IPv6 config.PNG

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Greetings,

IPv6 only was not my intent, I only left it as it was configured.  I turned off the IPv6 in the Home Network > Configure tab

As you can see, a marginal improvement, but not good enough as it took me 3 attempts to reply to this post.  and I couldn't upload the IPv6 off pic. 

IPv6 config.PNG

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.