Need help with your equipment?
nmb1983's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, January 24th, 2016 12:52 AM

ATT U-Verse Blocking website IP

I've had this issue once before and ATT sent someone out to change out the router and the problem went away. Now month later i'm getting the same issues again getting the ERR-Connection Timed out just on my website. I do have access to any other site i punch in, just not my site. It seems to be a routing issue and as you can guess i'm about at my wits end with att U-verse...dragging thier dang feet with the issue. Any help to resolve this issue quickly would be freaking awesome.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Although it's all jibberish to me, anything that would solve this issue would be awesome. I'd hate to have to switch providers just to be able to edit and process orders. Talk to both AT&T and Godaddy neither were no help at all..AT&T referred me to Godaddy to resolve the issue and of course Godaddy said it was on my Internet provider. Seems like a endless circle with nothing getting done. As I stated before I'm about at wits end with the whole situation.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@nmb1983 wrote:
Although it's all jibberish to me, anything that would solve this issue would be awesome. I'd hate to have to switch providers just to be able to edit and process orders. Talk to both AT&T and Godaddy neither were no help at all..AT&T referred me to Godaddy to resolve the issue and of course Godaddy said it was on my Internet provider. Seems like a endless circle with nothing getting done. As I stated before I'm about at wits end with the whole situation.

Can you get to them on Google DNS?

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Step by step instructions. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

ATT is my internet company and my website is hosted by fatcow.com, last week March 9, 2017 my we page stopped to work at about 2pm,  I work a lot on my webpage, and this was disturbing, I look to connect to google.com and it was working, so I suppose my hosting company was the problem, and after that I visited a web site that tells you if the website is up or down, http://www.isitdownrightnow.com and my webpage was up, so I called my customers in Mexico and they said that no problems were experienced, so I tried to connect to my website with my phone, and it was working, later on I visited the starbucks and my webpage was working, so I was convinced the problem was with ATT and I called their customer service, they said the problem was in a server blocking me, it was not fatcow but other, so they gave me the phone and I called them, just to know that it was a server owned by my hosting company. So I called Fatcow that told me the webpage was up and working, so I called ATT they told me to access with https//:proxysite.com this is humiliated, to run your website using another website, ATT told me they can send a technician to fix the problem, I told them to hold until I understand better the problem. At this point I am convince that ATT has some kind of firewall or something, and I am so upset, fortunately my clients use my website in Mexico and they have not notice any problem, I do not want to solve the problem configuring a DNS through google, why? because I am not going to do that to every person who wants to access my webpage. Based on what I have read, looks like go daddy had this problems when they move the websites between servers, I am not sure how this works, but is very frustrating to experience this problems where ATT and Fatcow throw the ball each other. From my perspective the problem is ATT but I would like to know if other ATT U-Verse user are experiencing the same problems. Starbucks is ATT and Google and my website works perfect in there, so?????????

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T will at times institute blocks on IP addresses that have participated in nefarious activities (DoS attacks, botnet CnC, etc.).

If this is the case, the owner of the IP address can contact AT&T and ask the block be removed once steps have been taken to remove whatever software caused the block in the first place.

I'd suggest you send a Private Message to @ATTU-verseCare with your name, account number, and the best time to reach you and include the DNS name for your web site and the IP address that it is currently hosted at.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I have this same issue. please help

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Please ATT Help me! I have been unable to access my own website since last week.  I have not issues on any other cellular or wifi connection. Just my own at home.

After 3 reps on the phone last Thursday they decided to send out someone to my home today Tuesday to replace the modem. I had 2 reps at my house this morning trying to do this. He called in an In Home Expert too.  They left and told me to call Connect Tech (your paid support). I got on the call with them before your Tech left. He also talked to a level 2 tier tech before he left. 

I was just on the phone with your Connect Tech person and left them take over my computer. They tried for 4 hours and they said they could not fix it.  They said to call Uverse and ask them to remove the block for my website. I called the number he gave me and a computer person will only let me set up another visit next month!

I need to work on my website for my home based business.  Please help.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Please share any other details I can give my hosting company.  They are small and I need to give them all the details I can. I have been working on this with ATT for 6 days and have had  people at my house with ATT. 4 hours on paid connect tech ATT support and still not resolve. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.