Need help with your equipment?
Island Boy's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, August 15th, 2011 1:13 AM

AT&T web mail-no pop forwarding option

I just signed up for high speed Internet with AT&T.  It's called IPDSLAM.  It is a glorified dsl but "supported" by U-verse.  My AT&T web mail does not have an option for pop forwarding.  U-verse refers me to Yahoo who promptly refers me back to U-verse.  The incompetency of the AT&T tech support is astonishing!  Does anyone know where I can get help with this issue?  Thanks. 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@Island Boy wrote:

Thank you, Tex.  Now we are getting somewhere.  The installers did not give me an e-mail address.  I signed up for a free one two days before the install and they told me to use that one to register with.  Any idea how I get assigned an e-mail address from AT&T?  Thanks.

Now I understand why you don't see the POP forwarding option!

If you have already tried to resolve this with Customer Service and had no luck, contact David, who is an AT&T employee in Tier 2 Technical Support.  He and his team have been successful at resolving unresolved customer issues.  You might also want to provide him with the link to the discussions in this thread.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

What did Tier 2 do to fix this issue. I just spoke to Tier 2 and he couldn't help me. I am having he same issue. I registered an att.net a few days before the U-verse install and then once it was installed I registered my u-verse account with the email. I cannot access forwarding & pop either. It isn't an option.  I have created sub accounts under this email address and they have the option but the primary account doesn't. Please someone help me fix this issue!

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

jearbee, most likely they will need to do a "Disconnect, Reconnect" to fix the issue.

I have a free att.net email and I also do not have that option. (simply not on the list). 

Let us know if that fixed it!

It's also possible that since you created it as a free att.net email, it may not be eligible for the pop forwarding service even after upgrading it by registering it to your U-Verse account.  (I can't confirm this but it sounds possible).  So if this is the case, just have them disconnect your current email and create a new one via the Disconnect / Reconnect.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.