Need help with your equipment?
Island Boy's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, August 15th, 2011 1:13 AM

AT&T web mail-no pop forwarding option

I just signed up for high speed Internet with AT&T.  It's called IPDSLAM.  It is a glorified dsl but "supported" by U-verse.  My AT&T web mail does not have an option for pop forwarding.  U-verse refers me to Yahoo who promptly refers me back to U-verse.  The incompetency of the AT&T tech support is astonishing!  Does anyone know where I can get help with this issue?  Thanks. 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

The free Yahoo Mail accounts do not have the POP forwarding options.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

Actually, if you set your zone to asia or the uk, i believe those accounts do have the forwarding option. As usual, we in the USA get screwed. Also, people were using these direct links to forward their old att.net accounts. I don't think the option has been disabled completely. I think yahoo is just trying to cut back so not making the link available in any but the uverse main accounts. if you search the forum , you'll see what i mean. those links have also been posted elsewhere for these reasons.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

Also, the upgrade link you are talking about is NOT what we are talking about. On our accounts, the entire link to pop/forwarding is completely missing which IMO is just a yahoo corp scheme to rip off many of their users.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@sallyjameson wrote:

Also, the upgrade link you are talking about is NOT what we are talking about. On our accounts, the entire link to pop/forwarding is completely missing which IMO is just a yahoo corp scheme to rip off many of their users.

Are you referring to the Yahoo Mail account provided for your main att.net email account?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

No Tex! It's just an old att.net account. Look , you can just go to att.net and signup for a new FREE email account and see what we are talking about. I don't understand why Yahoo wants to short change its American customers while giving totally free forwarding the the UK, Asia, and others ... but apparently they do 😞

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Since this is the U-verse customer forum, what we are talking about is the att.net account that U-verse provides as part of your U-verse subscription.  Any free Yahoo Mail accounts that you may sign up for are not connected to U-verse.  Discussions about the free Yahoo Mail accounts should probably be directed to Yahoo.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

I am using the e-mail address that I used to register with U-verse.  Shouldn't that have the "enhanced" yahoo web mail?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@Island Boy wrote:

I am using the e-mail address that I used to register with U-verse.  Shouldn't that have the "enhanced" yahoo web mail?

Yes, if that is the Yahoo Mail account provided as part of your U-verse subscription, it should have the POP forwarding option.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

@sallyjameson wrote:

No Tex! It's just an old att.net account. Look , you can just go to att.net and signup for a new FREE email account and see what we are talking about. I don't understand why Yahoo wants to short change its American customers while giving totally free forwarding the the UK, Asia, and others ... but apparently they do 😞

You need to ask Yahoo.  This has absolutely nothing to do with U-Verse.  Also, why are complaining about a FREE email account?  You're getting what you're paying for.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you, Tex.  Now we are getting somewhere.  The installers did not give me an e-mail address.  I signed up for a free one two days before the install and they told me to use that one to register with.  Any idea how I get assigned an e-mail address from AT&T?  Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.