Need help with your equipment?
Island Boy's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, August 15th, 2011 1:13 AM

AT&T web mail-no pop forwarding option

I just signed up for high speed Internet with AT&T.  It's called IPDSLAM.  It is a glorified dsl but "supported" by U-verse.  My AT&T web mail does not have an option for pop forwarding.  U-verse refers me to Yahoo who promptly refers me back to U-verse.  The incompetency of the AT&T tech support is astonishing!  Does anyone know where I can get help with this issue?  Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

Tier 2 fixed it!  You would not believe how many countless hours in the last week  I have spent telling countless tech support people that I thought the problem was that I had gotten the e-mail address prior to installation.  They all told me "that doesn't matter."  Well, it does!  Even the paid tech support couldn't understand it.   Thanks again. 

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Great.  Glad you were able to get it resolved.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

I assume that you are using AT&T's Yahoo Mail?  If  so, there is a POP Forwarding option.  After you log into AT&T web mail account:

1. Select the Options drop down menu

2. Select More Options from the drop down list

3. Select POP & Forwarding from the list

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

I know how to do that.  You are missing the point.  On my page there is no pop forwarding option.  Any other suggestions?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

Mine too it is blank and not there! I have used yahoo before and it has the pop/forwarding section! I hope someone can help as to how to forward my mails! Thanks for any help! Sally

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

This is a simple question and the mighty corporate giant AT&T can't/won't answer it.  I am a brand new customer and I have been extremely dissappointed in their (lack of) tech support. 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

First of all, we are customers like you, and you are not talking to ATT directly. Smiley Wink

Are you (both) logging into your MAIN account, the one you were assigned for Uverse?

I tried with my Uverse account and I DO see the option for POP Forwarding.  If I log in to one of my other Yahoo accounts, I get the message to upgrade to their Mail Plus service (required for some time now).

It should be noted that I did NOT allow ATT to combine my other Yahoo accounts into the main ATT one.  I do not use any ATT/Yahoo subaccounts, so there may be an issue there?

pop.jpg

pop2.jpg

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

I added my att.net email account to my Outlook Express to be automatically downloaded.  I also have it automatically downloading to my Droid.  That said, I do no use att for email.  I have a gmail account that I use for email.  This way, I don't have to change it everytime I switch IP's. 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I don't use my Yahoo accounts except as spam catchers. Smiley Wink

And same here, Gmail or Hotmail; though I have been with ATT since they were called SBC.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

It seems the option has been off accounts other than uverse "main accounts" for awhile. However, people seem to be able to find direct links to forward/pop for those of us with old att accounts and/or not subscribed to uverse. Some of those links were posted in this forum, but they no longer work. I wonder if someone can find new ones? 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.