AT&T iphone cannot connect to AT&T u-verse wifi

Teacher

AT&T iphone cannot connect to AT&T u-verse wifi

My AT&T iphone has no problem keeping wi-fi connections, EXCEPT when I'm trying to connect to my home U-verse wifi (via the pacer 3600 AT&T router). The connection constantly drops off and back on. Other devices have no problem connecting to the U-verse wifi either. The result is that my AT&T wireless bill goes through the roof for exceeding my data limits because my AT&T home internet service drops the connection. Am I being paranoid or is AT&T doing this on purpose? Or is there a fix for this problem?
Message 1 of 22 (18,106 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: AT&T iphone cannot connect to AT&T u-verse wifi

JefferMC,
Thanks for the information. I will get myself a router, maybe on craigslist, and hope it works. It will be a week or so before I get it done but I will post later on my success. It's the best suggestion I have heard and it seems like it will work. But I have thought that before.

Hope springs eternal!
Message 16 of 22 (17,346 Views)
Contributor

I know I'm a bit late posting in this forum but you're not alone, my iphone 4 does the same thing. I can connect to any other network that isn't uverse. All my other devices connect without a problem. I actually sent my phone in to apple and there was nothing wrong with it. I've had this problem with this specific phone since the day I bought it like 3 years ago. None of our other iPhones have this problem.. Before AT&T switched my router I messed with the settings and changed a few things around and I worked, but that was when I first got the phone. Since then AT&T has switched my router to a pace something or other and I can't figure out what I changed last time. I guess i just won't use my phone for anything Internet related at home, ill use one of my other devices. If neither AT&T or apple has helped me resolve this issue in three years I don't think they are..
Message 17 of 22 (16,884 Views)
Community Support

Hi jessicagarcia9979,

I apologize for the inconveniences. We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out here in the Forums by sending us a Private Message or checking out our Chat Support.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 22 (16,858 Views)
Contributor

Hey guys!

I just ran into this same problem at one of my shops. I had never been here before. I could get my laptop to connect but my phone would not. After double checking some settings, I renamed the SSID and viola! Hope this helps.

Message 19 of 22 (6,059 Views)
Contributor

Has this been resolved yet?  I've been having this issue over two different iphones for over a year and ATT has redirected me to 4 different departments all of whom insist it is my phone even though I'm telling them it isn't.  Extremely frustrated and disappointed with AT&T's service. 

Message 20 of 22 (3,624 Views)
Contributor

I have a similar problem. I have Uverse service at my office and had no problems connecting my iphone 5 to the Uverse wifi. We had a recurring issue with the Uverse going out when it would rain, and each time would call AT&T. On one of the most recent visits, the tech claimed the problem was the router (which is AT&T provided) and changed it out. Immediately I could connect but not use data on my iPhone 5, nor could my secretary on her Samsung Note. The tech made attempts for over an hour but could not rectify the issue and eventually just left. I have since upgraded to an iPhone SE and have the same exact problem. I find it funny though because I still have the grandfathered in AT&T iPhone plan with unlimited data , therefore AT&T is shooting themselves in the foot because our office is literally 1/4 mile from a service hub, yet they make impossible for me to use wifi and therefore have me burning up the LTE network because they either can't, won't, or will not fix the issue because they assume I'm using my data(and having to pay extra). If I didn't have this unlimited plan i would have left AT&T a lonnnnnnnnnnng time ago.(Drawn out story about getting a $3700.00 monthly bill for data usage that I had to pay to avoid bad credit for a blackjack phone that was using data in the background) They weren't the least bit customer friendly in that ordeal either. 

Message 21 of 22 (1,340 Views)
Contributor

I thought I was alone. And losing my mind. I have been to the Apple Store. My device is fine. We have been through 3 different routers. Still nothing. AT&T even promised to call me tonight at 6:30 to trouble shoot- yet again - with the Manager. What a joke. No call. 10 years of being a customer and they just lost my business. My data bill was outrageous last month. Paying for a crap of a service.
Message 22 of 22 (852 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.