Need help with your equipment?
btjapkes93's profile

Participant

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 14th, 2015 9:24 PM

75 mbps promised but not delivered

I feel like I have been conned and hood winked by AT&T!  We switched last week from one carrier to ATT for directv and internet.  They promised me 75mbps  but daily speed tests have proven I am getting between 27-31 mbps.

A call to technical support offered no help except a statement from the tech that if I hard wire into the router with ethernet cable, I may get 55 mbps.  But through a wifi I would be lucky to get 45.  Of course, I'm getting around 30 so the next question is how many sharing.  4 phones and a blu-ray.

But the fact the tech stated the BEST I could get would be 55 mbps means there is no way they can deliver 75 mbps so in my book, I was LIED to by AT&T to get my almighty dollar.

Employee

• 

169 Messages

6 years ago

Hi all,

When I worked with members, I wanted to get them at or around their subscribed speeds. If their plan was 75Mbps, getting them to or around 65Mbps was my goal. The following tips helped and hoping they do the same for you. 

Reset the modem - this resolves most speeds issues. 

Remove all devices and test with only 1 - the more devices connected/ in use, the slower speeds may be or test at. also, Wi-Fi speeds are known to drop in half. So when you test, use a wired connection if possible. I understand it is not easy nowadays since everything is wireless.   

Make sure no electronics are near the modem - the interference they create impact speeds. Speakers are a big source of interference. 

Test different Wi-Fi settings - using a different channel has improved Wi-Fi speeds. 

This article has information on how you can improve you internet experience instructions on now to update the Wi-Fi channels. 

If the above does not help, you can use the myATT app to troubleshoot and schedule a tech dispatch. The same steps our call center perform, the app does in under 5 minutes. Text the word myATT to 556699 to download it. 

Hope this helps!

ChrisZ

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

There speeds fluctuate. We are on a gateway system and sometimes it will spike over 100 Mbps. But our average is about 75 Mbps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.