Need help with your equipment?
vgdiaz's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 4:36 AM

2Wire i38HG Default Password Needed

I would like to know the default password for my new 2Wire i38HG gateway. I am also having trouble connecting wireless devices such as printers. Please provide solutions, if possible. Thank you.

vgdiaz

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Its on the battery backup box, not the actual router.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24561058-Default-System-Password-2-WIRE-i38HG

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

Holding down the reset button on the side of the iPSU fo 15s will flow the system password to the network. In fact, it's in the technician's m&p to do it before leaving.

A factory reset resets the i3812V and allows it to re-sync with the iPSU and receive a password update from the iPSU.

The factory reset on the iPSU requires the you to press and hold the reset button down (recessed) on the left side of the iPSU for approximately 15 seconds (pressing the reset button requires a thin object approximately one inch in length, such as a paper clip, pen head or small screwdriver).

I'm suprised that none of those calls to tech support have revealed the simple process.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

The Wirelss Network Key is written on a label on the side of the device.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

The label does not provide for a system password, it only provides for the serial number a MAC number and a PN number. that's all!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

The link provided doesn't tell where I can get the default or system password, it simply provides on how to connect it via ethernet or wireless. It appears that this is a new 2wire model i38HG and it does not provide the password on label. However, I found what's the iPSU. According to this link .pdf link on page 22 states that the system password is on the iPSU. http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/iNIDv2_UG.pdf

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

You need the Wireless Key not the System Password to connect to wireless devices.  Also, per the illustration in the link that I provided, it indicates that the information that you need is on the label on the i38G.

Also, you can see pages 13 and 14 in the document in the link in your last message.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

After I go to 192.168.1.254 it takes me to the setup page but I am unable to make any changes wihtout the system password not the wireless key  which I have to connect wireless decives. The problem is that I need to change the channel because the default channel does not allow to connect wireless devices.

The manual states that the system password is on the iPSU front cover, but I do not know what's iPSU. What's iPSU?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

See page 3 of the document.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

For an iNID setup (which is what you have), there are 3 different devices in the system:

1. The i3812V, also called just the "iNID". This is a large box on the side of your house outside that terminates the incoming phone lines. This unit contains all the actual router hardware and routing logic.

2. The i38HG. This is a combination 4-port Ethernet switch and wireless access point located inside your house. It doesn't have any routing logic in it, and doesn't have an IP address, it's hardware only. However, it is configured by making a web browser connection to the i3812V unit, which has settings that will change things like the wireless SSID, encryption, and key.

3. The battery backup unit for the i3812V, called the iPSU. This is inside your house somewhere and has a wire that runs to the i3812V outside. It provides power and battery backup for the i3812V. The sticker with the system password is on the side of this unit.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.