Need help with your equipment?
vgdiaz's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 4:36 AM

2Wire i38HG Default Password Needed

I would like to know the default password for my new 2Wire i38HG gateway. I am also having trouble connecting wireless devices such as printers. Please provide solutions, if possible. Thank you.

vgdiaz

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

(Edited) Emoji - Smiley Frustrated

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

@SomeJoe777

All your information is correct - except that when the techs replace your INIDs unit and the modem and NOT the iPSU you're left without a good password.  The INIDs syncs with the i38HG and resets everything to IT'S defaults while the old password remains on the old iPSU.  Now what do I do?  AT&T support has already blown off two appointments to return the tech - I'm about to drop this whole service.  Does anyone know of a way to read the system password from the INIDs unit?  I've already opened the box (yes, the service side too) but nothing like a password is apparent.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Unfortunately, I know of no way to reset the password.  A factory reset would do it, but you have to be logged into the HTML management site of the iNID to enact a factory reset.

Also, the reset would simply reset it to the default, which you would not know without the matching iPSU.

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

You can reset the iNid from the inside box, you will need a paper clip and insert it into the very small hole on the front.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

@bauwls
I've been dealing with this issue ever since we switched to this system last week. Haven't been able to change my router settings because haven't been able to get through with the system key on the iPSU.
Doing the side button reset on both the iPSU and the router in question did help and on the GUI I was shown a page to set the password to either the default system key or my own. First I tried setting it to my own, and then after setting it, it did not work. So I did the reset on both devices AGAIN and this time tried selecting the default system key option. Same thing happened, no password worked. I don't know if this is a problem with our devices or the guy who set us up had no idea what he was doing - I hardly know what I'm doing other than lurking around forums like this one. You seem to know what you're talking about so if you (and anyone reading this post for that matter) has any insight on what the issue might be it'd be super appreciated. I made this forum account literally just for this specific problem. Thanks.

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

Past the point of holding down the reset button on the iPSU for 15s and trying the default system password housed on the inside panel of your iPSU, there's not much advice I can offer.

If it will not work with the default key listed, you'll need a technician visit.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

the default password is on the uverse battery pack 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

THANK YOU !!!!!! I have been looking everywhere that the ATT customer care rep told me but none of those numbers worked! You would think they would be able to help me ! LOL All i wanted to do was change the password to something I could remember ! Thanks so much !!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi folks,

I had an old ATT gateway that was replaced by a i38HG. The old battery backup is still here, but I don't see any password anywhere on the old battery pack, case, or new i38HG. I have looked at the equipment on the side of the house, there isn't any passwords there either. I haven't been able to find any other equipment in the house. ATT support keeps telling me where my wireless password or where it should be but no one seems to know where it really is. I need to change the wireless channel and make some other modifications to the system, but can't without the system password. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm in the same boat - no password or username stored in the box, router or power supply. I need to make changes to the internal settings and keep getting asked for the password.  I've tried resetting the device but still same issue.  Any other ideas?  Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.