desertsponge's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 13th, 2014 3:21 PM

Closed

2Wire Web Interface Broken

Hi All,

The Web interface of my UVerse router seems to be broken. The router is passing both ethernet and wireless traffic without any problem, but when I point my browser to 192.168.1.254, I get this:

Screenshot from 2014-06-13 08:15:34.png

You can see that some stuff is there, but there's a bunch of other stuff that's missing...most of the text is gone, the tabs on top don't work, and when I click the the firewall icon, it returns a 404 - Web page not found.

I tried resetting the router and powering it off and back on again, but nothing works. Even though it's passing traffic, I need to be able to edit my firewall settings, change my wireless password now and then, etc. Anyone have any ideas?

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

You may end up having to do a factory reset of the gateway.

Since you can't get to the web interface, you will have to do the factory reset manually. Straighten one end of a paperclip and use it to push the reset button in the small hole on the back of your router. Hold the reset button down with the paperclip for 30 seconds, remove the power cord for 30 seconds, replace the power cord while still holding the reset button for an additional 30 seconds before releasing the reset button.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the tip, however, after doing three factory resets, I still see the same problem. Any other ideas before I call tech support?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Try pressing CTRL/F5?

Try a different browser?

Purge your browser cache?

Do you have any script blockers active?

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

10 years ago

I really doubt that this means anything.....

However, the address I use in my FireFox browser is 192.168.1.254/xslt

A very slight difference and I doubt it helps but nothing tried, nothing gained.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Well, I fixed it by accident. I was trying to switch some cables and accidently unplugged the power cord and it fell behind the desk. I thought "meh, screw it" and went and had lunch. When I came back half an hour later and plugged it in, it was working again. Dumb.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hey. That's great.  I really do sympathize with your frustration.  But you got it going again.  Congrats.

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

2 years ago

Thread from 2014 attracting spam - CLOSED

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.