Explore & discover

Helpful Links

wifi password

Highlighted
Contributor

wifi password

Is there a default router/wifi password used by techs when doing an equipment upgrade. I can't connect to the direct ty router as it is password protected.

Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jrgboomer
‎12-27-2016 7:41 AM

Re: wifi password

The DEFAULT WiFi SSID/password is located on the side of the gateway...

If having difficulty accessing by default, perform a factory reset of the gateway by depressing and holding the reset button located on back of gateway for 30 seconds.... After about 5 minutes the gateway should be back up, the default settings should work.

Uverse gateway models include 510, 589, 599, 3600, 3800, 3801, 5031, 5131, 5268, i38hg.

For the i38hg the SSID/password is located on the front cover of the iPSU, power supply unit size of a white toaster.

There is no user access to the Wireless Access Point aka WAP (401, 501, 2500) used for Uverse wireless receivers outside using the WPS button on the WAP.

While not familiar with DirecTv wireless router for the wireless genie, I do not believe there is user access, as again only a WAP, not internet access that the Uverse gateway provides. If issue is with DTV router, please ask in the DTV forum.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Hello

Can you please help me, am looking for the password for the wifi for my modum. Please help!

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Hello,

Can you please me by sending me an email for my wifi, it is not registered on my box or modium.

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

No label stuck on the side or bottom or back?  Strange?  If you can set up an ethernet connection between your computer and your gateway (yellow port) use your computer's browser to access the gateway (192.168.1.254).  The status page will show the ssid and password.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support