SWAMPMAN's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 8:02 AM

updating firmware on arris nvg510

What happens when I update the firmware on my nvg510 by pushing and holding reset button ? Will I have to reset my password or my computer ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

If you reset the gateway any settings you made to the gateway will be lost.  Nothing else is changed.

But resetting the gateway to force a firmware update isn't really necessary.  ATT pushes firmware updates whether you want them or not.  So you should already have the latest firmware in your gateway.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm having problems with "Access Denied."   My router ( Motorola NVG510) will not allow me to visit a few websites i.e.  ebay or US post office.  I would like to download the latest firmware myself.  Yes I read that it's done automatically but I suspect that the inquiry from HQ check the firmware version and reaches the conclusion that all is well, but it's not.  Please help!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

What is the current firmware? I have 9.0.6h2d45

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@ronjohnson

If certain sites can't be accessed I wouldn't blame the gateway firmware.  I would suspect possible browser cache problems or DNS problems.  Try clearing your browser cache or just try using a different browser for experimentation and comparison.  To use a different DNS set that from your computer's network settings.  Try, for example, OpenDNS (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220) or google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for your reply.

I tried 3 different computers, same issues.  Since I first posted my request eBay has returned but other websites have stopped working.   I fired up my Verizon Jetpack (hotspot) connected to my laptop and all was good.

I will try using a different DNS number, hopefully that will help.  I bought a new router, arrived yesterday, anxious to try it out.

Software version 9.0.6h2d45

Thanks again for your help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When do we get a firmware update for this router?

I understand 9.0.6h2d45 is the latest version of the firmware, but I have been using it now for a few years.

I sure there must be some fixes available for it, and I am sure it is vulnerable to the WPA2 Krak.

Would be nice to have a warm and fuzzy feeling about my internet connection.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have   9.1.0h9d61  as of today 6.17.18  @ 0:48.23

SO you are behind that if you are still at 9.0.6

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have 9.1.0h9d61.

is that the latest now?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.