Explore & discover

Helpful Links

updating firmware on arris nvg510

Contributor

updating firmware on arris nvg510

What happens when I update the firmware on my nvg510 by pushing and holding reset button ? Will I have to reset my password or my computer ?

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SWAMPMAN
‎07-23-2017 2:37 AM

Re: updating firmware on arris nvg510

If you reset the gateway any settings you made to the gateway will be lost.  Nothing else is changed.

But resetting the gateway to force a firmware update isn't really necessary.  ATT pushes firmware updates whether you want them or not.  So you should already have the latest firmware in your gateway.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

I'm having problems with "Access Denied."   My router ( Motorola NVG510) will not allow me to visit a few websites i.e.  ebay or US post office.  I would like to download the latest firmware myself.  Yes I read that it's done automatically but I suspect that the inquiry from HQ check the firmware version and reaches the conclusion that all is well, but it's not.  Please help!

Message 3 of 9

What is the current firmware? I have 9.0.6h2d45

Message 4 of 9
ACE - Expert

@ronjohnson

If certain sites can't be accessed I wouldn't blame the gateway firmware.  I would suspect possible browser cache problems or DNS problems.  Try clearing your browser cache or just try using a different browser for experimentation and comparison.  To use a different DNS set that from your computer's network settings.  Try, for example, OpenDNS (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220) or google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4).

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 9
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I tried 3 different computers, same issues.  Since I first posted my request eBay has returned but other websites have stopped working.   I fired up my Verizon Jetpack (hotspot) connected to my laptop and all was good.

I will try using a different DNS number, hopefully that will help.  I bought a new router, arrived yesterday, anxious to try it out.

Software version 9.0.6h2d45

Thanks again for your help!

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

When do we get a firmware update for this router?

I understand 9.0.6h2d45 is the latest version of the firmware, but I have been using it now for a few years.

I sure there must be some fixes available for it, and I am sure it is vulnerable to the WPA2 Krak.

Would be nice to have a warm and fuzzy feeling about my internet connection.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

I have   9.1.0h9d61  as of today 6.17.18  @ 0:48.23

SO you are behind that if you are still at 9.0.6

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

I have 9.1.0h9d61.

is that the latest now?

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support