jesmar's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 7:01 PM

nvg589 access code

I can not read this access code. It looks likes a lot of percentage signs for example (this is not the actual code) 6/O%%95413.  Are these percentage signs or just zeroes and ones slanted???

I want to change my password but cant get the access code correct.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

They're percentage signs. The NVG589 access codes are quite odd with a lot of random symbols. Don't over think it Smiley Wink . Not sure if you replaced it or not already.

6/O%%95413 =

six, forward slash, letter O, percentage, percentage, nine, five, four, one, three.

Accepted Solution

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

The access code DOES indeed have about 90% special characters.  Mine had 4 different specials repeated more than once.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @jesmar ,

I apologize about the issues you are having getting your NVG589 access code, but I will be happy to help. For security reasons, the only location of the access code is on that sticker. Since the code on your NVG589 is not working, the only option will be to replace it. I can help with that, and I will send you a private message to help with that.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi I just wanted to know if these are percentage signs or slashes. If slashes if does not make sense, with the little and big zeros or o.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having the same issue. i've imput the code what seems like a billion different times and ways nothing works. This is frustrating

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have a similar issue.  I'm trying to open up a series of TCP and UDP ports for an online game I play, but the modem won't accept the device access code.  Typing the special characters is easy enough, but it still tells me it's incorrect.  I tried the 'forgot passcode' link so it would definitely be looking for the printed access code, still doesn't work.  Very frustrating.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@indesignkat wrote:

I have a similar issue.  I'm trying to open up a series of TCP and UDP ports for an online game I play, but the modem won't accept the device access code.  Typing the special characters is easy enough, but it still tells me it's incorrect.  I tried the 'forgot passcode' link so it would definitely be looking for the printed access code, still doesn't work.  Very frustrating.

Can you do a factory reset?  Don't know if your RG has a button to hold in till lights flash, on the back like 2wire/Pace RGs do.  It might bring back the printed access code for you.

If no joy, Click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your access code situation.

Sounds like it's a refurb and they reflashed it w/a different code.  See if they can come in the back door and find out the correct code.  If not need a new modem that will work w/access code.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @indesignkat,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a Arris VIP2250 for my router. I would like to change the Vi-Fi password. When I go to the gateway it ask for a access code and the picture tells you where to look. I only have the box with the white lettering. There has never been anything other than that on the router. Can you tell me where the access code would be?

Thank you

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.