For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Megharupa's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 11:53 PM

iPhone 3gs will not connect to my 3600HGV

Hello, my iPhone 3gs will not connect to my 3600HGV.

However, it will connect to my linksys access point that I have connected to my 3600HGV.

Can anything be done ??

Regards

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

12 years ago

enable MAC filtering in the RG. manually enter the MAC address of your phone the move it to the allowed list.

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

What wireless security are you using right now?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for your reply.

Good question,

I don't know. How can I tell?

The RG is out of the box and I assume the settings are at default. Can you explane how I can check? 

Regards

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Megharupa wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

Good question,

I don't know. How can I tell?

The RG is out of the box and I assume the settings are at default. Can you explane how I can check? 

Regards

URL- 192.168,1.254 then scroll down to wireless  look under security you have everal option but select WPA2 not WPA/WPA2 it will prompt you for your password if you have not selected one it will be the default on the RG 's side it is a sticker thats self explanatory as to which no. is a password and which is a wireless pass key.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

12 years ago

Okay,

Found it 

Was set to WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (AES)

Now it is WPA2-PSK (AES) 

Still I am unable to connect

Regards

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

What are you putting in for the password for your wifi? Are you sure you are putting in the correct value?

It may be possible that you are putting in the wrong password because by default it is the wireless network key that is on the side, which is NOT the same password that you use to log into the RG.

What i would suggest is you go to this page

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

Select the radio button that says "Use custom Wireless Network Key" and put in your own password in the box to the right. Then make sure to save the settings.

Then try to log onto your wifi on your iPhone again with the new password and it should work.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

12 years ago

Make sure your wi-fi is enabled on your phone don't laugh I turn mine off at clients homes

to force 3g use and forget every once in awhile ,also look at your phone's wi-fi selection it will show you all available wi-fi around you and its easy to select the wrong wireless when a custom name is not used also double check the password as was already mentioned.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks’ to all of the community’s input.

However, no luck. Can’t connect to my router.

Password is correct, changed all the settings as suggested, nothing.

Went to a friend’s home they have ATT service with a 3800 HGV-B router set to default security settings, with a custom password.

My iPhone connects fine no problem at all.

Regards  

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

Try this go to your Settings app > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

It will reset all your network settings and then try to connect to your wifi again. Let us know if that works.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

12 years ago

i noticed you said it would connect to your Linksys as a wireless access point so my next question are you sure the wireless is enabled in your RG if so then its possible you have a defective RG and have you tried any other devices to estabish a wireless connection to your RG ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.