Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 31, 2014
4:02:43 PM
i38HG ethernet speed

Anybody know what the i38HG wired ethernet speed is?  

I have a WRT54G (old but very functional) bridged into the modem and I want to replace it with a newer gigabit router but only if the i38HG won't slow the higher speed router back down to 100Mbps.  I suppose I could go back to placing the router behind the modem if I had to.  I have a NAS connected to one of the modem ports and my Linux machine to another, both with gigabit ethernet,  and transfers are clearly being limited to under 100Mbps.

Info appreciated.

Anybody know what the i38HG wired ethernet speed is?  

I have a WRT54G (old but very functional) bridged into the modem and I want to replace it with a newer gigabit router but only if the i38HG won't slow the higher speed router back down to 100Mbps.  I suppose I could go back to placing the router behind the modem if I had to.  I have a NAS connected to one of the modem ports and my Linux machine to another, both with gigabit ethernet,  and transfers are clearly being limited to under 100Mbps.

Info appreciated.

Accepted Solution

i38HG ethernet speed

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 6, 2014 12:47:10 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @starczar 

i38HG is a 10/100 mbps gateway.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @starczar 

i38HG is a 10/100 mbps gateway.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: i38HG ethernet speed

2 of 3 (556 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2014 6:13:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

Tnx for the info

Tnx for the info

Re: i38HG ethernet speed