how to port forwarding pace 5268ac

Contributor

how to port forwarding pace 5268ac

Trying to veiwing my surveillance cameras on line

Message 1 of 30
Community Support

Re: how to port forwarding pace 5268ac

Hi @fran1680,

You can get help with port forwarding instructions here. The 5268AC model is not in the drop down yet but that should change soon. You can choose a "Pace" model router for similar steps to help with port forwarding on your 5268AC. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 30
Teacher

Did you have success.  I have tried numerous times.  Repeating the same procedure with the  5268AC as I have with our previous modems.  The software even says it was done correctly, but port open tools still show ports blocked. AT&T must be doing something on their end. Blcoking ports.  Tech support here has yet to give a straight answer.  There is always a link, someone else to talk to, or something is on the way.

Message 3 of 30
Contributor

I don't know if this will pertain to you or not, but I had a major issue with a WD My Cloud external hard drive not connecting to the 5268AC modem.  I solved the issue by connecting an ethernet switch (plugged the external hard drive into the switch and the switch into the modem) and it worked instantaniously.  I had 5 hours of hair pulling and multiple calls to technical support before I tried this.  Turns out this modem won't support plug & play.  Again, not sure if this will solve your issue, but I came upon this thread in my search for answers and thought I'd put it out there just in case.

Message 4 of 30
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  I am trying to add port forwarding so I can watch shows on my Directv DVR when I am not home. (At home, all that is required is to be connected to my home LAN, which is where the DVR is connected.)

To connect elsewhere you have to have port forwarding set for port 5223 to go to the DVR.  The DVR is supposed to modify the router to do just that.  But it doesn't.  So I went into the DVR myself and tried to set it up.  The router said it was successful - but it wasn't.

I am getting very frustrated. (They won't let me use the word I used in place of "frustrated". It evidently is on their "naughty words list").

Message 5 of 30
ACE - Expert

Post screenshots of what you did on the 5268ac and maybe we can suggest something.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 30
Community Support

Check out this article, it may help. 

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 30
Contributor

So..has anyone had any luck figuring this out... I need to check where my ports are being blocked..? I have this stupid huge thing on bypass mode with both wifi networks turned off.. and I'm using my own ASUS router..where I have the ports forwarded correctly.however anywhere I check they are seen as closed/blocked. Seriously need to get this figured out..

Message 8 of 30
ACE - Expert

"Bypass mode?"  Where do you set that?

Can you post screen shots of your configurations (please mask out your public IP address where it appears)?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 30
Contributor

I've started fighting this battle as well.  No luck so far.  Is the gateway even needed?  My own wifi router that I was using before getting this service had better range than this Pace 5268AC and I KNOW port forwarding works on it.

Message 10 of 30
Contributor

Has anybody been able to successfully open a 5268 ac port?  I've spent a lot of time following these instructions, my router says that it was successfully configured, but when I use a port scanner, I'm told that no ports are open on my router.  When I had Uverse, everything worked great.  Now that I have moved to Direct TV, I can't tell all of the issues from installation to billing to now port forwarding I have had.  - Mike 

Message 11 of 30
Tutor

Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience and yes it worked for me.

My need is to setup a couple of Foscam IPCams which I had little to no issues setting up with my previous modem/router from comcast.

Just moved to AT&T from comcast (cost reasons) but anyway got it to work with the AT&T provided 5268AC modem/router.

Followed this link "https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1010296" for a 5168 model, a little tedious but it works.

I kept making the mistake initially on not selecting my IPCam's mad id on the list when selecting "user defined apps", by default the screen refreshes and for some un-godly reason it keep schoosing the first "computer" connected to my modem and I keep forgetting to re-select my IPCam one.

Long story short it worked.

I confirmed my IPCams were accesible from outside my network using my phone data connection. Again - it is tedious and annoying at first but it works.

I wouold insert some images here but I found out that te very action of inserting images here is more troublesome than the actual work I did.

Good luck

Message 12 of 30
Tutor

OK. So my setup works just fine since I can see all my IPCams using my cell phone and running off of my data. No issues there.

The problem I noticed was the same issue I had when I was with my then ISP (xfinity), all works well when i'm NOT connected to my home network/Wifi. As soon as I connect to my wifi, nothing is viewable.

I'm sure there's a firewall setting that was blocking internal view of forwarded ports from within your own home network.

Anybody have any idea to fix this?

I'll try anyway to look into it again this weekend but hopefully somebody knows the answer. 

Message 13 of 30
ACE - Expert

@Toffy8 wrote:

..., all works well when i'm NOT connected to my home network/Wifi. As soon as I connect to my wifi, nothing is viewable.

I'm sure there's a firewall setting that was blocking internal view of forwarded ports from within your own home network.

Anybody have any idea to fix this?...

I expect that the issue that you're running into is that you're trying to use the Public IP address to access your cameras while inside your home network.  As the AT&T Gateways do not have NAT loop-back, you will not reach them that way.  Your choices are: (1) use the local IP address when in your local network, or (2) acquire a third party router with the NAT loop-back and properly install it between the AT&T Gateway and your network.

Message 14 of 30
Tutor

I'm looking to perform the same port forwarding for Foscam IP camera's in each childs bedroom.  The issue I'm running into is, the Foscam's are wirelessly connected to my ASUS RTAC87U behind the Pace 5268 AC modem.  Prior to moving to AT&T I was on Time Warner cable using a Motorola surfboard/ASUS router and had no problems with port forwarding on my personal router.  Following the instructions above, the Foscam's are not recognized by the Pace modem even though they have a static IP set, and additionally manual port forwarding to the ports setup for each camera does not work.  I've tried to use my Foscam app, Live Cams view, etc and cannot see either camera from outside my home network.  Thank you!!

Message 15 of 30
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support