Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 3:34 PM

how to port forwarding pace 5268ac

Trying to veiwing my surveillance cameras on line

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience and yes it worked for me.

My need is to setup a couple of Foscam IPCams which I had little to no issues setting up with my previous modem/router from comcast.

Just moved to AT&T from comcast (cost reasons) but anyway got it to work with the AT&T provided 5268AC modem/router.

Followed this link "https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1010296" for a 5168 model, a little tedious but it works.

I kept making the mistake initially on not selecting my IPCam's mad id on the list when selecting "user defined apps", by default the screen refreshes and for some un-godly reason it keep schoosing the first "computer" connected to my modem and I keep forgetting to re-select my IPCam one.

Long story short it worked.

I confirmed my IPCams were accesible from outside my network using my phone data connection. Again - it is tedious and annoying at first but it works.

I wouold insert some images here but I found out that te very action of inserting images here is more troublesome than the actual work I did.

Good luck

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

OK. So my setup works just fine since I can see all my IPCams using my cell phone and running off of my data. No issues there.

The problem I noticed was the same issue I had when I was with my then ISP (xfinity), all works well when i'm NOT connected to my home network/Wifi. As soon as I connect to my wifi, nothing is viewable.

I'm sure there's a firewall setting that was blocking internal view of forwarded ports from within your own home network.

Anybody have any idea to fix this?

I'll try anyway to look into it again this weekend but hopefully somebody knows the answer. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@Toffy8 wrote:

..., all works well when i'm NOT connected to my home network/Wifi. As soon as I connect to my wifi, nothing is viewable.

I'm sure there's a firewall setting that was blocking internal view of forwarded ports from within your own home network.

Anybody have any idea to fix this?...

I expect that the issue that you're running into is that you're trying to use the Public IP address to access your cameras while inside your home network.  As the AT&T Gateways do not have NAT loop-back, you will not reach them that way.  Your choices are: (1) use the local IP address when in your local network, or (2) acquire a third party router with the NAT loop-back and properly install it between the AT&T Gateway and your network.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I'm looking to perform the same port forwarding for Foscam IP camera's in each childs bedroom.  The issue I'm running into is, the Foscam's are wirelessly connected to my ASUS RTAC87U behind the Pace 5268 AC modem.  Prior to moving to AT&T I was on Time Warner cable using a Motorola surfboard/ASUS router and had no problems with port forwarding on my personal router.  Following the instructions above, the Foscam's are not recognized by the Pace modem even though they have a static IP set, and additionally manual port forwarding to the ports setup for each camera does not work.  I've tried to use my Foscam app, Live Cams view, etc and cannot see either camera from outside my home network.  Thank you!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

Do you have the 5268ac set up with the ASUS in DMZplus mode?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, even in DMZ Plus mode I still cannot connect from LTE on my phone.  I also tried to create user defined ports to the two camera's using static IP's and it didn't work either.  Smiley Sad

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

Just to confirm:

1) DMZ plus mode on the gateway to the ASUS, no portforwarding rules on the Gateway

2) Port forwarding rules on the ASUS to the individual cameras... do the cameras themselves use unique ports or do you handle port mapping in the forwarding rules?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

That's correct, below is my ASUS router running in Access Point mode.  Here's the kicker: by having to place my ASUS router in AP mode rather than Router mode, I lose my ability to use port forwarding from my personal router (dissapears).  I've assigned both cameras static IP's previously on the ASUS router and one uses port 8080 and the other 8081.  Are there any solid instructions on how to turn the Pace GW into complete bridge mode and hand everything off to my router?  It would be much easier if there was an advanced setting for bridge mode.  I was close the other night, but I believe my local LAN allocation may have been overlapping with the Pace and it didn't like that.

2017-01-13_10-38-38.png

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, if you put your ASUS in access point mode, then it isn't a router or a firewall.  You don't want to put that in DMZPlus mode.  DMZplus mode is as close to "complete bridge mode" as you're going to get on any U-verse Gateway.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

The reason I do not use the Pace AC5268 device as a router is mostly due to limitations of wireless signal coverage for the size of my home.  It's located centrally within a wiring closet in my house and due to not having external atenna's I have deadspots mostly on the right side of my home, upstairs and downstairs.  With my ASUS placed upstairs these areas are covered along with a good portion of my front yard and my back patio.

So I guess I shouldn't place my ASUS router in DMZ + mode since it basically disables the firewall protection.  As I stated in my earlier post I tried to use manaul port forwarding without any success.  The pdd part is I can still see my Xbox One has a manual IP assigned to it, however neither camera is showing on the Pace router with the intended static IP.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.