Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 3:34 PM

how to port forwarding pace 5268ac

Trying to veiwing my surveillance cameras on line

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @fran1680,

You can get help with port forwarding instructions here. The 5268AC model is not in the drop down yet but that should change soon. You can choose a "Pace" model router for similar steps to help with port forwarding on your 5268AC. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

8 years ago

Did you have success.  I have tried numerous times.  Repeating the same procedure with the  5268AC as I have with our previous modems.  The software even says it was done correctly, but port open tools still show ports blocked. AT&T must be doing something on their end. Blcoking ports.  Tech support here has yet to give a straight answer.  There is always a link, someone else to talk to, or something is on the way.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I don't know if this will pertain to you or not, but I had a major issue with a WD My Cloud external hard drive not connecting to the 5268AC modem.  I solved the issue by connecting an ethernet switch (plugged the external hard drive into the switch and the switch into the modem) and it worked instantaniously.  I had 5 hours of hair pulling and multiple calls to technical support before I tried this.  Turns out this modem won't support plug & play.  Again, not sure if this will solve your issue, but I came upon this thread in my search for answers and thought I'd put it out there just in case.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same problem.  I am trying to add port forwarding so I can watch shows on my Directv DVR when I am not home. (At home, all that is required is to be connected to my home LAN, which is where the DVR is connected.)

To connect elsewhere you have to have port forwarding set for port 5223 to go to the DVR.  The DVR is supposed to modify the router to do just that.  But it doesn't.  So I went into the DVR myself and tried to set it up.  The router said it was successful - but it wasn't.

I am getting very frustrated. (They won't let me use the word I used in place of "frustrated". It evidently is on their "naughty words list").

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

Post screenshots of what you did on the 5268ac and maybe we can suggest something.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Check out this article, it may help. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So..has anyone had any luck figuring this out... I need to check where my ports are being blocked..? I have this stupid huge thing on bypass mode with both wifi networks turned off.. and I'm using my own ASUS router..where I have the ports forwarded correctly.however anywhere I check they are seen as closed/blocked. Seriously need to get this figured out..

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

"Bypass mode?"  Where do you set that?

Can you post screen shots of your configurations (please mask out your public IP address where it appears)?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've started fighting this battle as well.  No luck so far.  Is the gateway even needed?  My own wifi router that I was using before getting this service had better range than this Pace 5268AC and I KNOW port forwarding works on it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Has anybody been able to successfully open a 5268 ac port?  I've spent a lot of time following these instructions, my router says that it was successfully configured, but when I use a port scanner, I'm told that no ports are open on my router.  When I had Uverse, everything worked great.  Now that I have moved to Direct TV, I can't tell all of the issues from installation to billing to now port forwarding I have had.  - Mike 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.