For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ncelife's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 13th, 2013 10:27 PM

how to change NAT type for AT&T U-verse

Trying to find step by step instructions on how to change the NAT settings on my router to always OPEN

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah, this doesn't work

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thank you so much. Worked.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

i set up all of the ports and it still says NAT type is moderate.

im on xbox 360 and this problem only recently came up.

please help.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hey guys. Just got my Pace 5268AC from ATT.. After days of trying to figure out how to make my XBOX One NAT OPEN instead of Moderate I FINALLY figured it out!!

Ok, In my App, Pinholes, DMZ i went to where it says:

(1) "Select a Computer"

In MY choices was XboxOne. I selected this.

then in

(2) Edit Firewall Setting in this Computer

i checked Allow individual apps

Then clicked "Add new user definied application"

this is where you make a name for the xbox (whatever you want, mine was "xxxx Xbox 1"

then you can add the TCP and UDP numbers. 

for instance: TCP 53 to 53, then ok, then ADD again, then TCP 80 to 80, then ok, Then ADD again. If you have to use ports TCP 53, 80, 3074 like i did, then you must add them seperately., THEN you can add the UDP, mine were 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, & 4500 (Because these are the XBOX ONE ports that need to be opened!

Once all TCP and UDP numbers are added to the Name you gave the USER DEFINED APPLICATION (mine was "xxxx Xbox 1", THEN you can ADD it to the HOSTED APPS from the Selected Menu!!

then click save, and restart you XBOX One, Now you should see a OPEN NAT!

The whole trick for me was I was trying to use a different computer from the list to HOST the apps.. Thats when I saw MY xbox one already there under "XboxOne", You can ALSO look in your NETWORK SETTINGS IN YOU XBOX.. (in your xbox go to) Settings, Network, Advanced Settings..

here is where you can see YOUR Xbox IP address which can be used to MANUALLY enter the IP if in the first step "select the computer" you dont see the xbox listed!!

VOILA!!! Restart Xbox and now you should have OPEN NAT on Xbox!!!

Hopefully these directions make sense! I am NOT that computer savvy when it comes to THIS type of thing but after 4 days I finally figured it out!!

Basically the trick was in STEP 1 "Select the computer"

You probably already have one selected but it cant pass thru that one, it MUST be the Xbox as the "computer"

Like i said, on MY list already was XboxOne  (BUT if it wasnt there i could MANUALLY enter MY Xbox IP address, you can also) then you can proceed with entering the TCP/UDP info, then a Xbox restart is a must!

Hope this makes sense for yall! 

I was getting sick of reading post after post saying this can be done and sat here for  near 4 days every day after work LOL

You can refer to replies above mine that show Pictures of the screens you'll be seeing and what I describe! (sorry, didnt know how to do that screen shot stuff LOL)

Employee

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I don't know what kind of sorcery I just read, but by golly it worked.  Thank you HoustonsBirdman for taking the time to not only resolve this but type it up so clearly for those of us who have little Netowrking background!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Wouldn't except access code.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Just opened the EXACT same ports as you mentioned in your post, albeit not in the same order. Restarted XO afterwards, and wala! I guess having that amount of TCP & UDP ports open at the same time is what solves it. Believe there was another commenter who posted an article proving it. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I tried this a few times nat type never changes to open and i dont know why it does this.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Xbox1321, refer to HoustonsBirdman instructions carefully.as it worked for me. If you need to, restore your modem back to factory defaults and then follow his instructions. If you need help, I will be happy to help you or anyone else *** call or text

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

According to what Sadath wrote, do I need to open up those 2 addictional ports on top of what he said or do it all over and only the ports you mentioned? Help is needed.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.