Explore & discover

Helpful Links

did not receive info on equipment return

Highlighted
Contributor

did not receive info on equipment return

We cancelled our U Verse TV service and Internet Service 5 days ago. I was told that I would receive information on what equipment to return but I have not. I was also told to return in within the next 5 days to avoid charges. So, how do I find out what equipment needs to be returned? Do I need a UPS label?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎06-30-2018 4:16 PM

Re: did not receive info on equipment return

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Re: did not receive info on equipment return

Thanks for your reply! But, I didn't get an email or letter with instructions on what to send or a UPS label. The links you sent mention that i would recv a letter or email. I am very worried that I will miss a piece of equipment and be charged the $150 fine.

Message 3 of 5
Employee

Re: did not receive info on equipment retu]rn

If it can be moved, should be returned....

Gateway with power supply, provided not a BBU.

DVR and receivers, power supplies for each and remotes.

If have wireless receiver(s) return the Wireless Access Point and power supply.

Per the TOS have 21 days to return before charged. If charged, have 6 months from cancel to return for credit. After 6 months, no credit.

Edit: if have direct fiber, do not return the ONT or its power supply.

If have an older inid, generally mounted outside, do not return the iNID or its power supply, iPSU.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: did not receive info on equipment retu]rn

The first link I gave were the instructions on how to return equipment.  The normal way to return stuff is to take to a UPS Store (or FedEx) along with your account number.  You do not need a UPS label.  The second link included iinfo one what equipment should and should not be returned.

You should not expect a letter or instructions.  This is the "normal"/standard process these days.  Save the UPS/FedEx receipt they give you.  Once you take it to the UPS/FedEx wait a week or two and call tech support if you are worried to verify they got it.  Not as good as a personal UPS tracking number but that's how it's done now.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support