hyunbum11128's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 8:06 PM

connection problem with my macbook pro

hi i don't know why but whenever i am using my macbook on my wireless home network the connection dies and internet is unavailable for about a minute and comes back on and it does not happen with other computer which is not a macbook how do i fix this?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

14 years ago

Hooked up the Cisco Linksys router Model: WRT120N this weekend and bridged the 2wire gateway. 3 day's past now and not a single issue with the dropped connection anymore every single minute with my macbook. I'm so happy!!!!! A lady at Cisco in the Philipines support center helped me configure the Linksys. I would recommend anyone else having the same issue and At&T cannot fix, to bridge the gateway and by a new router

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

14 years ago

now that 10.6.3 is out i will see if the internet got fixed

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

14 years ago

still havent been fixed

Former Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

14 years ago

Hello hyunbum11128,

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I appreciate the admirable restraint you exercised in your message. My sincere apologies for the time you have spent dealing with this issue.

Your issue would be best resolved if you work hand in hand with AT&T Home Networking technician and troubleshoot according to their recommendations. 
Please, contact Home Networking at 

877-722-3755 and let them know about the incompatibility issue that you are experiencing with your Macbook and 2 Wire wireless connection.

They are open 24/7.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

I have the same problem! This is definitely an issue that needs to be fixed ASAP I'm so tired of hearing the rest of my family gripe when I connect my macbook to the internet when they have been cruising just fine all day!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

14 years ago

att are just keep telling me to call when every time i call them they tell me to do same things...

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

14 years ago

TRY THIS. Working perfeclty for weeks now. Hooked up the Cisco Linksys router Model: WRT120N this weekend and bridged the 2wire gateway. 3 day's past now and not a single issue with the dropped connection anymore every single minute with my macbook. I'm so happy!!!!! A lady at Cisco in the Philipines support center helped me configure the Linksys. I would recommend anyone else having the same issue and At&T cannot fix, to bridge the gateway and by a new router

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

hey dude im from the philippines too and im having the same problems like everyone here.

may i ask how did you bridge your gateway 2wire to a modem?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

14 years ago

The issue is a communication problem between the gateway modem/router to the Macbook pro.

I just had u-verse internet installed 3 days ago. i am going through the very same issues as everyone else who has posted.

Yes you can use another roughter to bridge the issue but we as consumers shouldnt have to do that. Its a waste of our money to spend extra.

Gateway and Apple need to come up with a permanent fix for this problem. I was on the phone with tech support 3 times  on the phone and had 2 servicemen out to the house to see if they could resolve the problem. NO SUCCESS.

AT&T tech-support needs to stop posting fix-it solutions on here. THEY DO NOT WORK. There needs to be a firmware upgrade or update from both Gateway and or Apple.

This is embarrassing for AT&T who has a very strong partnership with Apple via iPhone etc.

PLEASE for the sake of the all AT&T U-verse customer who use macbook/macbook pros,
FIX THIS PROBLEM once and for all.

D.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

14 years ago

first

i do not need or want to pay extra for something i do not need to spend on

second

att should either do something about it instead of telling everyone to do something that does not work.....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.