can I connect a hard drive to the USB port

Contributor

can I connect a hard drive to the USB port

are the USB ports on the router configurable to accept a network attached haed drive?  If so how do I do it?

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: can I connect a hard drive to the USB port

No.  The USB type-B port on the RG is only for connecting to a PC as an alternative for an Ethernet cable or wireless Ethernet.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Master

You really want a networking drive to attach to the RG other than that I would just hook the drive straight to the computer.

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I need to connect a hard drive to my AT&T U-verse router (Arris model NVG589) via USB. I just called AT&T Tech support who advised USB ports on all their gateways are disabled. Very dissapointing. I now have to return the HD and buy one with ethernet.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support