For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Atb6's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, March 18th, 2013 5:26 PM

Closed

box on property i am removing

Who do I contact via email (I've dealt with being on the phone with att and refuse to call) re a green box on my property? We are pouring cement in a month and will remove this box but wanted to fore warn someone first.

Once cement is poured...if the box stays...it will eventually be run over by a car, due to it's bad Location

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

11 years ago

While it is true that you don't HAVE to get a permit, it's a good idea.

Homeowners are often times surprised at what requires a building permit.  It's only after the work is done that they become enlightened.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

11 years ago

Permits are required when (at minimum):

- Inspections will be necessary

- Property taxes may go up as a result.

- for any reason any bureaucrat may think of on days ending in "y".

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

Permits are required when (at minimum):

- Inspections will be necessary

- Property taxes may go up as a result.

- for any reason any bureaucrat may think of on days ending in "y".

You left out, that there are those like us, that want to be there when it happens, and will bring beer & popcorn, to watch the proceedings unwind, when you have one truck show, then three more, then the supervising manager for that shift show.

Then be there when they get the bill for all the repair of the damages involved.  Last time I hit a 12 pair telephone line, I got hit with a bill for $2400, but talked them down to $1200.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

what can be done about att boxes on property? these are not little green boxes but big boxes on concrete slabs... Recently had survey work done and surveyor said there is no easement in place. I am on 20 acres. Surveyor said that in previous cases land owners have been reimbursed. thanks for thoughts!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

6 years ago

I would not take the surveyor's word on lack of easements.  I would verify that on your plat at the county RMC office (or whatever your state calls the office that handles deeds/plats) and look for easements yourself.  If that comes up empty, you could check with your local Public Utility Commission for advice.  AT&T doesn't just install things at whatever expense for the fun of it and without any protection for their rights and assets.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

there are 4 of these 6 ft boxes on the front corner of property. when att was constructing the 4th one I questioned my local county planning and zoning director and he said there was no record of easement and ATT shouldve asked permission...County is willing to go to bat if need be.. Surveyor claims slabs are 20 ft from any utility easement.  

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @pairofhounds,

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  We will be happy to get you some help and have someone look into this.  Please send me a private message: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/3757732

Your full Name:

Contact Number:

Contact Email:

Address of the property in question:

Thank you.

Laura G.

Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Friends, I am here because I have the same thing- old utility boxes that are no longer serving a purpose. So, from an enlightened perspective, after reading the responses - thank you all for those 👍🏻, going forward we might choose to change laws, elect those who will CREATE the change and take our power back! All of these frustrations are the old paradigm when we allowed people to control us. Like Horton, all it takes is each one coming from our hearts - not our heads (ego) and look at the situations with a NEW solution - we can talk all day about the past - let’s move into the now and create a different response for our future. Hmmm - this might apply to everything in our lives. In love and light!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Pretty frustrated. Called AT&T twice yesterday. As the automated prompts never say what you need...i kept pushing buttons until i got a live person. Took a very long time by the way. Both times that person was going to get me to the person that I needed and both times i was disconnected after a very long hold. The second time I even asked them to give me a number in case i was disconnected and he did not do that just stick me on hold. How do people do business this way??? Anyway here is my Problem. There is a huge AT&T underground cable box next to my driveway. We are about to put house up for sale. There is graffiti (gang related) all over it. (Not a good selling point, first of all for this huge box and eye sore to be right there next to driveway, but also the gang writing doesn’t help). There is also one directly across the street with gang writing as well. Maybe box should be black, maybe it should not be there at all. I have been on my phone this morning for an hour trying to find an email address or something as i refuse to call again. Help...this is AT&T’s box...therefore not my problem!
Note: we do not use AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Susanmc1   Utilities are usually pretty careful about placing their outdoor equipment in the designated "utility easement".  The AT&T box is most likely in the utility easement.  If it is, it is there legally.  The information is readily available from your local property tax office.  Have your realtor look into that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.