Explore & discover

Helpful Links

battery backup

Contributor

battery backup

Why do I have to pay for a battery backup now when I didnt have to do that in the past?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎06-11-2018 1:02 PM

Re: battery backup

Terms of Service (re: policy) changed:

d. Power and Battery Backup.

The AT&T Equipment may require electrical power from your premises to operate, which you are responsible for providing. If there is a gateway at your premises, AT&T will not provide an initial gateway battery backup unit or an initial backup battery. Any backup battery solution is your responsibility. You may choose to purchase battery backup for your AT&T Equipment from third party manufacturers or retailers. For more information and minimum specifications visit att.com/batterybackup.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I have never had to replace a battery backup for my computer except one time and it was free.  I called ATT today and they said that I would now have to purchase a battery.  I explained my situation to the customer service escalation representative and she spoke with someone else and they said that this one time they would replace the battery for free but after that I will probably have to pay for a new battery.

Message 3 of 5
Employee

The TOS regarding the initial provision was changed in July 2015 for new voip accounts.

However the customer has been responsible for replacement after the initial since 2012.

Even if a battery was provided as a replacement should have been charged a $99 service call for issue with customer owned equipment. Previously when company provided a Belkin backup or inid battery it became the account holders equipment to determine when and to replacement a unit or its battery.

As stated for almost the past three years, customer is responsible for initial purchase and maintenance on any battery backup device.

As company does not stock nor techs have on  truck these items  not sure how you will get one sent to you without you ordering and paying for the battery, most likely need the belkin.... Most battery are $40-$50 which is cheaper than a $99 service call for your battery back up unit.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@julie2156 wrote:

I have never had to replace a battery backup for my computer except one time and it was free.  I called ATT today and they said that I would now have to purchase a battery.  I explained my situation to the customer service escalation representative and she spoke with someone else and they said that this one time they would replace the battery for free but after that I will probably have to pay for a new battery.

Did you mean that the BBU you are requesting is for the Uverse RG (modem) and NOT for your computer as you stated?

And what is your "situation" that they agreed to send you a BBU because I'll use that excuse the next time I want a FREE BBU.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support