Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ambient temperature for the ATT router 5268AC Pace router

ambient temperature for the ATT router 5268AC Pace router

My unit was installed for Fixed Wireless Internet in my rural metal building.  However, it was placed in the upstairs attic in the winter.

Now as summer approaches I have already recorded a temperature of 104 degrees, which the specs say is its maximum operating temperature.  I am assuming this will be a problem and either shut it down or damage it.  Should I be calling to have it moved to a downstairs location?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Netfolks2000
‎06-17-2019 5:30 AM

Re: ambient temperature for the ATT router 5268AC Pace router

Specs say Temperature: 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C). 

I am assuming this will be a problem and either shut it down or damage it.

Maybe worry about fire too.

Putting the gateway where you cannot easily get to it is not recommended anyhow.  There are times when you need to get to it for reboots or just to see what the status lights are indicating.  I think you should call tech support to see if they can move it to a more accessible location.  There may be a $99 service charge for this but I would argue that it was the installer's idea to place it where he did in the first place which he shouldn't have done.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3

Re: ambient temperature for the ATT router 5268AC Pace router

Thank you for your reply.  

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support