Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accounts.

Highlighted

Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accounts.

Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accounts. All of my other friends are not having this issue, just me...it was working fine last week.

Message 1 of 8
Expert

Re: Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accou

See the Microsoft support article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960116

Message 2 of 8

Re: Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accou

@Texasguy - thanks for the advised but I did all this. I have a 2eire 3801 gateway and i followed all of the sugestions on this forum to make it bridge. everything was woreking fine a vouple of weeks ago but now i get this error. I made a video to show what the error is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snWt20BHVjA&list=UUW5go7M4dzHDn7djtTexdcQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I i think there is something getting blocked at the AT&T side... not sure...Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 8
Expert

Ok, I see.  You didn't mention any troubleshooting steps already taken in your first post so I didn't know what, if anything that you have done to attempt to resolve the issue.

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I am having the EXACT same symptoms.

Have you found any resolutions?  I have a open ticket with Xbox LIVE as well.  No movement there yet.

Message 5 of 8

Try setting your xbox's DNS servers in network settings to:

8.8.8.8 for primary

&

8.8.4.4 for secondary

I had this issue for weeks and it solved it.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8
Contributor

Thanks ikcastillo it worked for me

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

I had the same exact error and changing the DNS didn't help, I fixed it by doing this:

1. In the Xbox console give yourself a static IP, you can leave the DNS at DHCP or Dynamic (I suggest making it the same as the dynamically assigned one to avoid conflict).
2. In the Router delete/disable any port forwarding rules and/or triggers for that IP.
3. In the Router enable DMZ and add your static IP to it.

NOTE: You can leave your firewall enabled in the router.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Do you have questions about Internet and Email Security? Have them answered on Wednesday, April 26th at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Hack Attack!

Additional Support