bl00dl1ne's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 3rd, 2013 12:06 AM

XBox Live problem - 2wire NAT is not open

I just got Uverse yesterday. I discovered that my NAT is moderate, which prevents me from joining my friends in games. I tried forwarding all the ports that microsoft reccomends... hasn't worked. Any input?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Both xboxes have a static IP address. It does not matter. So far u-verse gateway is a piece of crap!!!!I guess this easily solves the problem of going back to comcast. At least their routers actually do support what they advertise. Multi gaming households. I was hoping since AT&T is taking over everywhere they would actually get with the times but no yet again they are still very lacking.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

You might want to also explain this to the AT&T tech support folks. As they are telling me that it does not matter that I assign a port to be open on a specific IP address that it will be open for everything. Well not with their gateway. It would be great if I could do that then both xboxes would work. However I cannot assign the same open ports to 2 different IP addresses with their 2wire gateway. It does not support what they sell as in the u-verse xbox set to run your u-verse through the xbox and then actually use the xbox for online gaming. Xbox will work great with u-verse if you are a hermit one person household. Now in the real world where many homes have more than one person and more than one xbox or gaming computer or playstation whatever it may be. you cannot play online with 2 at the same time. One is fine but 2 not gonna happen. As the 2nd one will have a strict NAT that will not allow you to join game sessions. So until AT&T can figure this out and their tech support can actually be useful I would not recommend u-verse to anyone. Maybe they should go and take pointers from Comcast, Wow, and even time warner they all know how to make it work without an issue!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@tinalms2001 wrote:
Both xboxes have a static IP address. It does not matter. So far u-verse gateway is a piece of crap!!!!I guess this easily solves the problem of going back to comcast. At least their routers actually do support what they advertise. Multi gaming households. I was hoping since AT&T is taking over everywhere they would actually get with the times but no yet again they are still very lacking.

When you say they have a static IP address, do you mean that you assigned them a static internal IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.11) or that you purchased a block of static IP addresses from AT&T and have assigned a public static IP address to each XBOX?  Without two different public IP addressess assigned to the two devices, they cannot be accessed externally on the same port.

With Charter I was able to have multiple dynamic public IP addresses to do this, but I had to ask for it, pay $5.00 extra per month for it, and deal with a couple of hour long phone calls to get them to put it back on about every 5-6 months when it got turned off by somebody at Charter because I was "configured wrong."

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

10 years ago

Once again, SomeJoe has been a great help. I just bought an Xbox One to use in conjunction with my Xbox 360. I set up the Xbox One last night and noticed that the NAT was set to strict. I was going to open up the recommended ports on the new Xbox this morning and found this thread. My Xbox 360 is connected to the RG by Ethernet, and I was simply going to buy a network switch to allow me to use the same run of Ethernet cable for both Xboxes. But it looks like I need to buy a UPnP router instead and set it up in the DMZ. I'm going to get an older Netgear WNR2000 router since I'm going to turn off its wireless radio and won't need any of the newer WiFi technology. I assume that the 300 Mbps switches in that router will be fast enough for my purposes.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

IT seems like many XBOX 360 with UVERSE users have had the restricted NAT type issues starting recently. The router I have is 2WIRE i38HG. I have opened port 3074 for both TCP and UDP. I have opened port 88 for UDP. These were in many of the "remedies" I have researched. Including in the AT&T forums. I tried using the AT&T online user help, but they told me to use a fee based service called ConnecTech. I don't think I should have to pay to remedy something which has worked well up until recently. The most thorough advice I have received from AT&T forums is here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/XBox-Live-problem-2wire-NAT-is-not-open/m-p/3449081#M9319

I am to the point where I am ready to switch providers since the main reason for my Internet is for my XBOX 360 to play games and use Netlfix.

I'm not looking to spend money on an aftermarket router in order to use my devices in the manner they are designed. Any assistance will be greatly welcomed.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

You are an absolute genius. you saved me a headache with my son complaining he couldn't get on! Thank-you for the step by step instructions. Very easy to comprehend until it came to entering the password, kept trying the modem password and not the battery back up. LOL. Thanks again.!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

thats not right...im having the same issue...and i jut bought the 360 250 gig in february...and have a nvg510 and sraight ether cord to  and supplied cable to wall jack...i had to add those ports to play vbox live....yesterday

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Ok so I'm reading this right now in 2014. My xbox live is having the same problem and as I was looking I was like "hey cool this looks like a legit solution" and so I tried it buuuut it stooped me at step 2. I cannot find a settings tab anywhere on the website.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It's the 3rd tab to the right. I'm stuck on step 5- I can't find my xbox IP address under section 1.  Let me know how you find yours once you get to this point.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Help! I'm stuck on step 5. I can't find my XBOX in the list. I don't see my IP address.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.