Sylem's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 14th, 2013 10:48 PM

XBOX360 won't wirelessly connect to my U-VERSE RG anymore?

So I have ATT UVerse with a RG and my xbox360 S has built in wi-fi. I have previously used wifi on the xbox with my previous cable provider and have never had any issues with it. I have successfully got it to work before with Uverse but lately every time I turn on the console it can't find my wireless network anymore. It does, however, find other wireless networks available so that leads me to believe the wifi itself isn't an issue. It can't be a range issue because not only has it connected previously from same distance, but other wireless devices in home connect from farther distances. Any help is appreciated

NOTE: The RG model is: 3801hgv. I use the WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (AES) security. The TV that is closest to my XBOX is on a U-VERSE wireless box. Other wireless devices (i.e. iPhones, my TV) connect to the wireless network just fine without any issues. Other wireless networks show up on the XBOX list except for mine so I know the wifi on the XBOX isn't "broken". And no, I can't hardwire it, they are in seperate rooms.

Current things I've tried:

1. Reset router

2. Reset XBOX factory settings

3. Added XBOX MAC Address

4. Changed channels on router settings

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Sylem - Re: Do you want me to try and connect the ethernet from the xbox to the wireless TV receiver thats located near the xbox?

Yes

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Sylem - Since I cannot come up with anything on the wireless side, try connecting the x-box to the network jack on the U-verse wireless receiver. I know it would work on a receiver connected COAX, so it is worth trying on the wireless receiver.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Just to make sure I understand what you're suggesting:

Do you want me to try and connect the ethernet from the xbox to the wireless TV receiver thats located near the xbox? If so, yes I can try and do that and I'll give you my results. If you're referring to the gateway then no I cannot do that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

That worked thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have the same problem.  But I do not use U-Verse TV. Internet only.  So, my XBox360 will just not connect wirelessly to the AT&T 2Wire 3801HGV Router.  I have to connect to another router that I have connected to the 2Wire Router.  I have tried all of the typical fixes.  And my Key is correct. Really frustrating why it will not connect to is wirelessly. Every device I have (computers, laptops, phones, etc) connects to it fine.  The XBox will not though.  Hmmmmmm

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @rdavidharris,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your Xbox360, but I will be glad to help. I actually ran into this problem with my Xbox360. Try resetting your network settings by doing the following:

1. Press the Guide Button on your controller, go to Settings
  2. Select System Settings then Network Settings
  3. Select wireless network when displayed
  4. Select Configure Network then Additional Settings tab
  5. Select Restore to Factory Defaults then confirm when prompted.

After resetting your network settings to default, you may need to reconfigure them again.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Nah, already tried that. The only way I could get my Xbox to connect to this router was to disable some security settings. But I'm not at home right now so I don't recall exactly what they were. But there was some settings I had to disable on the router in order for the xbox to connect wirelessly. So who knows why that is.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @rdavidharris ,

That is strange that additional settings needed to be made, but I am glad you got everything working. The only things I can think of disabling is WPS as that does cause wireless issues to certain devices at times. Other than that, disabling some of the advanced firewall settings such as Stealth Mode or Block Ping may help depending on some of the way certain applications work on the device.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.