Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wireless speed dramatically slower

Contributor

Wireless speed dramatically slower

I have had the Internet 75 plan for over 1 year and have had no issues, consistently pulled wireless speeds of 50-60 Mbps, wired up to the max 75 Mbps. 

I have always run a Linksys EA 9500 router behind the Pace 5268 Gateway in DMZ+ mode with no issue. 

However, since the Pace upgraded firmware a month or so ago, my wireless speeds have decreased in the 15-25 Mbps range (wired is unaffected but my wired devices are used infrequently). I have read numerous posts about the issues of the firmware update effectively "breaking": the DMZ+ mode on the Pace 5268. I have rebooted the Gateway (and router) numerous times, with no success in regaining the wireless speeds I had prior to the firmware upgrade on the Pace. 

I have also read the there is a "newer" gateway (BGW210-700) available that does not have the DMZ+ issues associated with the Pace 5268. How do I go about getting a BGW210-700 for a self-install (I'm very comfortable with tech)?

As a loyal AT&T customer for over 15 years, I'm really frustrated that I'm paying for a service and not receiving full benefits thereof. 

Any advise/assistance is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: Wireless speed dramatically slower

Hello; @atfree1963 

First call 800-288-2020 and ask for tech support, then tell them the same thing you wrote here and that you would like them to ship the new modem. They will most likely run diagnostics from their end to verify the problem. Once that's done they should go ahead and ship the new one. Pay attention to the time frame given for activation for your self install. I hope this helps.

P.S. Be sure to get a return label.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I am a customer as yourself trying to help others, if you feel this reply is helpful please click "kudos", if it helps solve your problem please click "Accept as Solution" Thank you!

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks! I called them and they are sending out a new BGW210-700, will be here Friday for self install. No questions asked!

Message 3 of 4
Scholar

I'm so glad to help, if even a little bit;)

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support