Will the Westell F90-610025-06 work for U-Verse internet?

Contributor

Will the Westell F90-610025-06 work for U-Verse internet?

Basically, I'm not a fan of the Motorola NVG510 and I'd like to switch back to my Westell F90-610025-06 but I'm not exactly sure it's compatible with U-Verse; it does say ADSL2+ on the back so I'm leaning towards "yes". Bear in mind this is strictly for regular U-Verse internet (no U-Verse TV etc.). Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Will the Westell F90-610025-06 work for U-Verse internet?

It might sync up with the ADSL2+ line, but I doubt it will properly route. Only way to know is to give it a try.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

The Westell is just a standalone modem and I'll be using a router on top of it of course (if that's what you mean by "route"). So I guess it should work just fine, yes? I plan on trying it out when I get some time but it'd be nice to know beforehand. Anyway, thanks for the the reply.

Message 3 of 5
Expert

At least on the VDSL-based U-Verse platform, the gateways contain an 802.1x authentication certificate that prevents other modems/gateways from working.

I don't know for sure if they've implemented this same mechanism on the ADSL2+ platform, but it's likely. Like I said, you can give it a try, but I doubt you'll actually be able to pass traffic.
Message 4 of 5
Employee

flood114 wrote:

Basically, I'm not a fan of the Motorola NVG510 and I'd like to switch back to my Westell F90-610025-06 but I'm not exactly sure it's compatible with U-Verse; it does say ADSL2+ on the back so I'm leaning towards "yes". Bear in mind this is strictly for regular U-Verse internet (no U-Verse TV etc.). Thanks in advance.

The Westell F90 is not cleared for any U-Verse services because it is not compatible with the 802.1x authentication.  The only modems currently in use are the 2210-01ATT (Black 2210), NVG510, and 2701HGB-V on the IP-DSL side and the 3600 only on the VDSL side. 

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support