For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
flood114's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 7th, 2012 11:30 AM

Will the Westell F90-610025-06 work for U-Verse internet?

Basically, I'm not a fan of the Motorola NVG510 and I'd like to switch back to my Westell F90-610025-06 but I'm not exactly sure it's compatible with U-Verse; it does say ADSL2+ on the back so I'm leaning towards "yes". Bear in mind this is strictly for regular U-Verse internet (no U-Verse TV etc.). Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

12 years ago

@flood114 wrote:

Basically, I'm not a fan of the Motorola NVG510 and I'd like to switch back to my Westell F90-610025-06 but I'm not exactly sure it's compatible with U-Verse; it does say ADSL2+ on the back so I'm leaning towards "yes". Bear in mind this is strictly for regular U-Verse internet (no U-Verse TV etc.). Thanks in advance.

The Westell F90 is not cleared for any U-Verse services because it is not compatible with the 802.1x authentication.  The only modems currently in use are the 2210-01ATT (Black 2210), NVG510, and 2701HGB-V on the IP-DSL side and the 3600 only on the VDSL side. 

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

It might sync up with the ADSL2+ line, but I doubt it will properly route. Only way to know is to give it a try.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

The Westell is just a standalone modem and I'll be using a router on top of it of course (if that's what you mean by "route"). So I guess it should work just fine, yes? I plan on trying it out when I get some time but it'd be nice to know beforehand. Anyway, thanks for the the reply.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

At least on the VDSL-based U-Verse platform, the gateways contain an 802.1x authentication certificate that prevents other modems/gateways from working.

I don't know for sure if they've implemented this same mechanism on the ADSL2+ platform, but it's likely. Like I said, you can give it a try, but I doubt you'll actually be able to pass traffic.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.