Will U-verse internet work on Windows 8 laptops once the service with modem has been installed?

Contributor

Will U-verse internet work on Windows 8 laptops once the service with modem has been installed?

I am switching from a Charter Communications broadband connection to U-verse in a few weeks and want to make sure it will be compatible with my laptop. Also, I do not have a landline, but previously used phone jacks are still in place from BellSouth in the past. Will this work for my initial installation once I receive the modem, etc., and once I connect everything to a wireless router, I just want to make sure it will allow me to connect to the internet on my Windows 8 laptop.

Message 1 of 3 (1,793 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Will U-verse internet work on Windows 8 laptops once the service with modem has been installed?

Should be no problem, here's a wireless set-up document: https://getsocial.att.com/docs/DOC-1111

Good luck, any other questions/problems, Community Mgrs will be here and help. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (1,793 Views)
Contributor

Re: Will U-verse internet work on Windows 8 laptops once the service with modem has been installed?

Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 3 (1,793 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.