fghagan2's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 1st, 2016 1:01 AM

Wifi Drops connection continupusly

Att installed uverse at my home 11 July 2016. Everything was fine until Saturday the 30th.

Then the wifi connection began to drop on on my computers 3 android pads and 2 android phoones and an iphone and 3 laptops. phones. It will have peroids of working ok. Then will not stay connected at all.Any clues ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @fghagan2,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having. There are a few things can effect internet service and inturn, effect wi-fi. The more devices connected, the slower speeds will be. Each device shares a portion of the bandwidth. Also, if any of those devices are streaming or downloading, that can impact speeds even more. 

Also, wi-fi speeds are known to drop in half. If you have a 12 down plan, the speeds can drop to 6, now device that by the # of devices and you start to see slow speeds and drops.

Check out this article. It will explain the best modem environment and you will see information on how to update the channel. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

our internet service constently drop for no good reason. we have 2 laptops 3 smart phones 2 i-pads and 2 smart tvs which won't connect to wifi and we know we're entering the code correctly. We think you lie and your service sucks, and would have been better off with Cox but we're stuck in a 2 yr contract. The contract is in my aunts name Janet Wilson.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Did you reboot your router?  This is first-foremost, and typically solves most of these issues.

If you're not seeing great throughput, you might consider adding an AccessPoint, and turning off the built-in WiFi, that came with the Modem/router.  The built-in models are okay, for close-in, low-use, IME, but if you want to get full WiFi speeds, adding a relatively inexpensive AP and disabling the stock unit really makes a difference...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We are also having problems with our connection. There are periods that everything works ok, but those are few and far between anymore. In the last week our service has been down no less than 10times. It's very frustrating. We have had service with AT&T for 2 years and I thought that things might get better, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It is actually getting worse.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

##- Please type your reply above this line -my service is still spotty at best. There are days where I have to reboot no less than 5 times and I get so frustrated that I turn on my phone hot spot.

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

If you are noticing issues with all your services, it may not just be an issue with the WiFi. Here is a post over some things you can try if you see red lights on your gateway.

-ATTU-verseCare

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

For uverse internet, if rebooting the gateway, or modem and router cannot resolve the issues, you should call AT&T. Before even talking to a live agent, you can request to have a refresh signal sent to your equipment. If that does not solve the problems, talk to a live agent. I think remotely, he/she can run tests and detect issues. Some problems involve having service support on site. If the source of the problem is not inside of your house, like bad wiring, loose connections, using subpar splitters, your own faulty equipment, you don't pay for the service call. Outside of the house, there are many things that can go wrong:

over head wires got chew up by squirrels

underground cable got flooded, cut by lawn mower

too many customers sharing the same "box" and AT&T have not made provision for that

The agent on the phone may scare you with the fee for service call. But if there are problems, you have to get it fix. Otherwise you are paying you monthly fee for nothing. Changes are the

problem is not inside you house.

For those cannot sign on to wifi, you need to get inside the box to find out what the password is. Many be you have upper and lower case wrong, or you just couldn't read you own handwriting  on that piece of paper you wrote down the password.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

It's amazing how you to tell the truth about something but still lie lie lie it's just because y'all don't want to spend the money to fix the problem I finally called LG and I'm turning my phone into them and they're going to give me a new phone something y'all have never suggested I do yet I can promise you that I am immediately going to another service I do realize all companies have little problems and issues but I a.m. 49 years old I do not lie to anybody and I will not be lied to and made to feel like it's my fault

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

@dadx3b wrote:
It's amazing how you to tell the truth about something but still lie lie lie it's just because y'all don't want to spend the money to fix the problem I finally called LG and I'm turning my phone into them and they're going to give me a new phone something y'all have never suggested I do yet I can promise you that I am immediately going to another service I do realize all companies have little problems and issues but I a.m. 49 years old I do not lie to anybody and I will not be lied to and made to feel like it's my fault

Huh?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The Wifi from my AT&T modem (5268AC) keeps dropping the signal.

Everything wired works just fine and stays connected.

I'll be on my computer, or phone, or kids phones, or guests phones and the wifi signal just goes away, then comes back.

I've rebooted the modem, but is only a temporary solution.

Happens even if only one device is connected to Wifi.

Is this an equipment issue?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.