xvichris's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, January 28th, 2018 9:20 PM

My AT&T wireless internet could not establish a connection to access point

I'm having issues connecting to my wireless att uverse internet. I try to connect to it and it shows a exclamation point next to the Wi-Fi symbol on my phone. No one in my house can connect to the internet except my Xbox one. When I do connect to the internet it' impossible to send messages or be on anything. Basically not working at all. HELP!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I was saying recreate the connection in your device(s).  You should be able to access its wifi settings and delete the default (preferred) wifi network.   Does the list of accessible wifi networks include the gateway's?

Some experiments you could try is (a) reboot the gateway - pull plug for 15 sec.s and let it fully reboot, (b) reboot the problem device(s), and maybe (c) see what happens if you disconnect that xbox.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Can you try recreating the default preferred network wifi setting?   Delete the current default and select it again as the default.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I can't load anything when I'm connected to it, I'm using data to post this because it' impossible to do anything connected to it.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

This happened about last week, my internet has always been perfect for the past 4-6 years and now I can't even do a single thing such as homework, studies etc

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, the problem was my Xbox. I disconnected it and all my devices now can connect to the internet. What I'm going to do is just use my internet on my devices when I'm not on my Xbox. Do you know why only my Xbox can connect to the internet?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

What cued me to suggesting you disconnect the xbox as an experiment was the fact that you said the xbox was the only device connecting.  So obviously the wifi was working.  Given that xbox was the exception gave me the thought that it might be the cause so that's why I suggested disconnecting it to see what happens.

Of course the other half of this experiment would be to now reconnect the xbox and see if the other devices still remain connected on their wifi or if the xbox cannot now connect.  I don't know any reason why the xbox's connection to the wifi would affect the other devices connecting.  I "feel" (only a feeling) that it might be due in some way to the order devices are registered in the gateway even though IMO that shouldn't matter.  I'm still wondering what would happen if you just rebooted the gateway with everything connected which was one of my other suggested experiments.

Maybe somebody with an xbox will read this thread and have other thoughts on the problem.

Update:

Another thought - I wonder if there's some frequency interference from the xbox with the other wifi devices.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

The second I connected back my Xbox my phone internet disconnected instantly so I couldn't reboot the gateway. I rebooted it either way and I tried to connect back into it with my phone but no luck.

This is really frustrating because my family has to use the internet too but they can't.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Ok, another experiment...

What gateway model do you have?  Is it one of the dual band gateways (NVG599, 5268ac, BGW210)?  If so do this experiment with the xbox and just one of the other wifi device.  Configure the gateway wifi with different ssid's for the 2.4 and 5GHz radios.   Play around with different combinations of 2.4 and 5 wifi's with the xbox and the other device if both support the 2.4 and 5 (example: give connect the xbox on the 2.4 and the other device on the 5).  This experiment is just to see if band steering is getting in the way (where the gateway optimizes which band it wants to use).  The only reason I suggest doing this with the xbox and just one other device is because if this experiment doesn't work you only have to change back the two devices, not every wifi device you have (and the gateway of course too).

All of this is just guessing on my part trying to troubleshoot to see what works and what doesn't.  I really hope someone with an xbox reads this thread and knows what the problem really is and how to solve it.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am able to connect to the wireless network... ATT@T  will not match up my I.D. and password. This all worked fine a few months ago

But even allowed me to your AT@T bill without any problem, but after receiving many letters in the mail confusing me even more.

How can I start over without all the Wrong ID and wrong password that you have made me change every visit?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Why can't you understand I am able to connect to the wireless internet but the user ID & password don't match.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.