What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?

Tutor

What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?

What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?  If so, is it really needed and if not how do I get rid of it?

Message 1 of 8 (952 Views)

Re: What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?


@Ken Ramos  wrote:

What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?  If so, is it really needed and if not how do I get rid of it?


 

Where are you seeing this.

 

A-L is a telecom equipment manufacturer. (phones, modems, modem chips, etc).

 

Actually I think both AT&T and Verizon own a piece of A-L.

 

 

 

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                              

Message 2 of 8 (947 Views)
Tutor

Re: What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?

Alcatel-Luncent is showing up under my Add-Ons and though they are all disabled, the list seems to be growing larger.  I did not put them there and many other people have them showing up on their computers also, and many state that the Alcatel-Luncent add-ons did not appear until after they had acquired DSL connection from AT&T or COMCAST.

Message 3 of 8 (941 Views)

Re: What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?


@Ken Ramos  wrote:

Alcatel-Luncent is showing up under my Add-Ons and though they are all disabled, the list seems to be growing larger.  I did not put them there and many other people have them showing up on their computers also, and many state that the Alcatel-Luncent add-ons did not appear until after they had acquired DSL connection from AT&T or COMCAST.


 

Did they transition from dial-up to DSL?

 

More than likely they are/were related to the modems installed for their broadband.

 

 

 

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                              

Message 4 of 8 (924 Views)
Tutor

Re: What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?

"Did they transition from dial-up to DSL?"

 

I really don't know.  I was browsing the Microsoft Community looking for answers when I ran across their thread.  Several others have noticed the add-on's also.  The add-on's don't seem to be, as I know yet, causing a problem, it is just that I don't like or appreciate providers or otherwise, putting things on my computer without my permission or at least giving me an explanation before hand for so doing.

Message 5 of 8 (920 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ken Ramos
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?


@Ken Ramos  wrote:

"Did they transition from dial-up to DSL?"

 

I really don't know.  I was browsing the Microsoft Community looking for answers when I ran across their thread.  Several others have noticed the add-on's also.  The add-on's don't seem to be, as I know yet, causing a problem, it is just that I don't like or appreciate providers or otherwise, putting things on my computer without my permission or at least giving me an explanation before hand for so doing.


 

Well, after a little research, it turns out it is related to broadband service. Alcatel-Lucent owns Motive, which makes the software used for customer installed broadband, and self help software for troubleshoting connection issues.

 

I thought I had seen that in the past, but it was about 12 years ago when I first got DSL from AT&T (then SBC/Ameritech). It was on the disk that came along with the self install kit, which I uninstalled shortly thereafter.

 

So, look under Programs and Features in the Control Panel in Windows for any AT&T or Motive software, and uninstall it if you want to get rid of the extra junk.

 

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                              

Message 6 of 8 (912 Views)
Tutor

Re: What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?

Ah, okay!  Now I know what it is.  A great deal of thanks for the research, much appreciated.

 

Ken

Message 7 of 8 (906 Views)

Re: What is Alcatel-Luncent and is it from AT&T?


@Ken Ramos  wrote:

Ah, okay!  Now I know what it is.  A great deal of thanks for the research, much appreciated.

 

Ken


 

No problem stop back if you have any other questions or concerns.

 

 

 

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                              

Message 8 of 8 (866 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.