Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What equipment is not returned?

Highlighted
Contributor

What equipment is not returned?

I had uVerse with very slow Internet advertised at 18mbs but much of the time much slower. I switched to COMCAST 150mbs and am in the process of returning ATT equipment. An email tells me to return the three TV boxes but not the Modem or the Wireless Access Point. I wish ATT would acknowledge that I have other equipment and that it does not need to be returned. Right now if I get rid of that equipment and later ATT recognizes they also want that equipment back will I be responsible?

Message 1 of 3
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Willardave41
‎11-26-2018 3:08 PM

Re: What equipment is not returned?

You will be only obligate to what you have in the email with specific device name and SN (Serial Number). The gateway way, you maybe purchased at the begaining, to verify look into you monthly billing under internet if you see monthly rental equipment fees then you must return it if not then it is yours.

for sure you need to return,

all TV boxes with power supplies and remotes.

WAP with power supplies.

you can keep any connections cable such as (Ethernet, HDMI, etc...)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: What equipment is not returned?

The gateway with tv service is company owned, not purchased, and should be returned.

Models that support Uverse IPTV and internet includes 3800, 3801, 589, 599, 5268, 210-100. These should be returned.

If you have the 3812 (iNID), big gray box normally mounted on side of residence, with a white toaster looking power supply (iPSU) these would not be returned as secured to residence. The indoor internet portion is the i38hg (home gateway) and in the past was required to be returned.

I would return any WAP (VEN401, VEN501, or VAP2500) as these are part of Uverse wireless receiver.

If you have DirecTv, different story... Depending on internet gateway model, did you purchase for $100 pre 2015... If so, yours,... If not, company owned and should be returned.

The most common models for purchase is the 510, 3600 and some 5031 (2013-2014) but 5031 after Jan 2015 would be company owned and have the $7 equipment fee. 

Note: DirecTv WAP for wireless genie you purchased for $99 or $100 at install.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support