Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What ONT do I have and where can I obtain a battery backup?

Contributor

What ONT do I have and where can I obtain a battery backup?

I recently had AT&T Fiber Internet installed. The tech installed what I believe to be an ONT (based on random Googling) in my crawl space with the router inside. Although it has a battery compartment, no battery was installed. Although I have a UPS on the router, I lose internet access whenever the power goes out. Other Google results seem to indicate that AT&T no longer provides batteries, so I'm trying to figure out where to buy one myself.

The only sticker on the ONT contains the following:

ALU P/N: 3EM22993ABBA MRev02 ICS01

BVM6310FRA

DELTA P/N: GES320W12V0081 REV: 05

(and a serial number, which isn't really relevant)

I chatted with AT&T support, who told me my ONT is a G-240G-A. However, none of the pictures I'm seeing online for that model look anything like what I have. She also gave me a phone number to call, saying they would help me order a battery. The phone number (866-539-5791) ended up being Belkin support, who said they ended their contract with AT&T and no longer manufacture devices for them.

If anybody can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. If nothing else, maybe some of you have suggestions for an external UPS that would work okay in a crawl space.

Message 1 of 3
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by sysrage
‎12-30-2017 12:29 PM

Re: What ONT do I have and where can I obtain a battery backup?

my ONT is a G-240G-A. However, none of the pictures I'm seeing online for that model look anything like what I have.

The 240 ONT goes outside the house. What you're looking at inside is the PSU for the ONT. It takes power from the wall, and shoots it outside to the ONT, it also has that slot for the battery. 

Info on PSUs as well as numbers to call:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-voice/KM1045809

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: What ONT do I have and where can I obtain a battery backup?

Thanks. I had seen the page you linked, but it wasn't very clear. I ordered what's supposed to be equivalent to GT12080-HG from Amazon. Guess we'll see!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support