Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Want to change WiFi password

Contributor

Want to change WiFi password

I want to change my WiFi password to block access to a teenager on restriction.  How do I do this?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
Professor
Solution
Accepted by (Professor)
Accepted by Darknessrise
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Hi @RNDime

To change your wireless password, you must first go to http://192.168.1.254

Once there, you should find a section called "Wireless" which is typically under the "Home Network" or "Settings" tab of your gateway's interface if you don't see a quick link to the page.

Once there, you should be able to edit the wireless password line. If you have a Motorola/Arris gateway, you need to change the security from "WPA - Default Key" to "WPA - PSK" before you can edit the password.

After doing so, click save and enter the "Access Code" which is located on the side of the gateway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Contributor

Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 10
Professor

@RNDime

Glad I was able to help :).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Message 4 of 10
Administrator
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎11-19-2015 8:17 AM

Your Wi-Fi network name and password connects all of your wireless devices to your AT&T home Internet. Find yours now at: Find your Netgear 7550 Wi-Fi network name and password.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 10
Administrator
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎11-19-2015 8:17 AM

You can change your Wi-Fi network password to personalize your home network and help protect it from outsiders. Find out more at: How to change your Wi-Fi network password – 2Wire 2701.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 10
Contributor

I keep getting "safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding" please help...
Message 7 of 10
Contributor

yes

Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Contributor

How do I change the wifi password
Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

See this.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support