RNDime's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 9th, 2015 12:45 PM

Want to change WiFi password

I want to change my WiFi password to block access to a teenager on restriction.  How do I do this?  Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

835 Messages

8 years ago

You can change your Wi-Fi network password to personalize your home network and help protect it from outsiders. Find out more at: How to change your Wi-Fi network password – 2Wire 2701.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @RNDime

To change your wireless password, you must first go to http://192.168.1.254

Once there, you should find a section called "Wireless" which is typically under the "Home Network" or "Settings" tab of your gateway's interface if you don't see a quick link to the page.

Once there, you should be able to edit the wireless password line. If you have a Motorola/Arris gateway, you need to change the security from "WPA - Default Key" to "WPA - PSK" before you can edit the password.

After doing so, click save and enter the "Access Code" which is located on the side of the gateway.

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

835 Messages

8 years ago

Your Wi-Fi network name and password connects all of your wireless devices to your AT&T home Internet. Find yours now at: Find your Netgear 7550 Wi-Fi network name and password.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks so much!

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

@RNDime

Glad I was able to help :).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I keep getting "safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding" please help...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

yes

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do I change the wifi password

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

See this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.