Explore & discover

Helpful Links

WIFI Range Extender for 2Wire 3801HGV Router/Modem

Teacher

WIFI Range Extender for 2Wire 3801HGV Router/Modem

I receive 12 verified mbps through the 3801HGV, but my TV on the other side of the house only gets 3-4 mbps. I've been thinking about getting a WIFI range extender, but don't know which brand or model would be compatible. A friend suggested that perhaps newer AT&T router/modems would have more power, and if so I could avoid having to figure out which range extender to get.

So my questions are these:
1. Does AT&T have newer, more powerful router/modems?
2. If so, how do I get one to replace the 3801HGV?
3. If not, can someone suggest a WIFI range extender compatible with 3801HGV?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

Message 1 of 3
Community Support

Re: WIFI Range Extender for 2Wire 3801HGV Router/Modem

Hello @Bododio

We will be glad to help with updating your router equipment. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, and phone number. We may need more information to be able to take any action within our systems. Also, if you prefer visit here to see Wi-Fi extenders available to use with service.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Community Support

Re: WIFI Range Extender for 2Wire 3801HGV Router/Modem

Hey @Bododio,

We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to get this sorted.

ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support