kevaxe2k2's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, September 16th, 2013 6:55 PM

VERY slow wifi on iPhone---using 5031NV

My wife and I both have Iphone 4s---which we use on our wifi more than our computer (at least) I do. Most times I use mine on my catch while watching tv (which puts me about 6 feet from the router). However it is VERY slow. Using the speedtest app here are my most recent tests:  2.69 mpps, 0.92, 1.36, and 2.20. I have the 24 MpBS Uverse Package. Now, my computer (iMac) which is about 20 feet from the router always tests right around 20 Mpbs--no issues there. So my question is this---is there some issue with the 5031Nv and iPhones?  Is there something in the settings I can change? I am sitting at my computer with my phone in my lap right now. My computer just tested at 17.02 and my phone tested at 1.03. How is that possible? I just switched to Uverse about a month ago because I was not happy with the 6 mpbs speeds I got with my previous provider. If i can't figure this out I will have to switch back because I at least got that much. Thanks for any help.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

Which iPhone model do you have? I'm not sure if it matters, but I have an iPhone 5 and wi-fi is slower than any computer gets too, I always assumed it was by design, possibly power saving feature.

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Iphone 4s. No I had no issues with my previous provider. my iphone pretty much connected around the 6-8 mbps I was paying for.  Now, my computer connects at th 20-25 mbps I have with my new Uverse package but my iphone averages .50-1 mpbs.  I pretty much stopped using my wifi on my phone until I resolve it because often things will not load period. Which leads me to believe there is some communication issue with iphone and uverse/or my router. I have seen that mentioned elsewhere but have not seen any fixes besides changing some DNS settings--which I have tried.  Strange thing I just ran a speed test on my phone and it tested at 16.49--so every once in awhile it breaks through and works.  but my last three tests were 1.75, 1.40 and .60.  thanks for your reply. I have to imagine someone else must have had or is having this issue. It's frustrating. I switched to Uverse because I was unhappy with my wifi speed and now I am 90% slower than I was before.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Has the phone been turned off and on again since you started experiencing the issue? I would try to set it into airplane mode and then disabling it, and reconnecting to your wireless, which would flush your iphone dns settings.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I turn it off every few days overnight. I will try that, thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Exact same issue.  Same router with 12mbs uverse.  both macs speedtest at correct speed and two iphone 5's and one ipad test at 2mbs on a good night. all machines twelve inches from router. very frustrating.  apple confirmed nothing wrong with devices.  router or uverse issue.  help?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Believe it or not, after trying changing router channels and about 100 other things I rebooted the system and it worked!  Just went into the router settings (long in at http://192.168.1.254/) chose the restart the system option and when it came back the speed on our phones was over 25 mbs like it was supposed to be and has been fine ever since. No idea what that cleaned up, but it did something.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem with my new iphone 5. Can you explain how you get to the router settings?

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I tried to reboot my 5031NV but nothing changed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.