VondaVonda's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, December 7th, 2017 11:41 PM

Uverse works for TV - but Amazon and Netflix aren't connected to wireless???

Uverse works for TV - but wireless is NOT connected to Amazon and Netflix ???    How can this be?   I don't understand this (or much about internet stuff) but that's what the TV screen "says" about why Amazon and Netflix don't even open/start/begin.  This Uverse connection is lost  "all the time" and I usually just wait for 2 seconds to 6 hours before I try again (usually successfully) or really "worry".  Several days after the TV screen "told" me about my problem, I was on the computer and found "someplace" (no, I DO NOT know where I was) that "said" something about wireles: there were a few choices checked and I noticed that "not connected to wireless" was checked (?) , so I CHANGED it to wireless IS connected. (So smart, so proud.)  So STUPID?  This change-action on my part did NOT make, re-make or in any other way solve the problem, even though AT&T "said" that the trouble-shooting had been successful!   Later still, I spoke with 2 "technicians" who, unbelievably, seemed to know less than I do!!  Number One HUNG UP on me (even though I had  warned her that my wheelchair trip to the TV room would take some "serious" time!)  I said "good-bye" to Number Two who wanted to know, quite a bit later in the conversation, what device I was having trouble with again ? ? ?

Can YOU tell me how to connect wireless so I can get Amazon and Netflix when Uverse IS (already) connected & working?   Where on my computer might I have messed this up?  (Assuming that is the best way to fix it.)   Thank you for your time and expertise on this elusive - to me - subject; I very much apreciate both.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

Your TV has a section for settings or network.  Go in there and locate the wireless address you want to connect to.  Usually starts with ATT and will match what is printed on the side of your residential gateway (RG).  On that same label is the password you need to enter into the screen on the TV to connect it to your RG.  Once the connection is established, all the apps on your SmartTV will work.

Remember each app will ask for credentials.  Userid and password.

Finally, Uverse is a brand name ATT uses for their IPTV service.  It's basically the TV part.  The internet part is simply branded ATT Internet.  For example, Internet 50, for 50Mbps download speed.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Wireless = cellular.  Do you mean Wifi?  If you do, you’re in the wrong forum.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I am guessing the Amazon and Netflix are apps on a smart tv. If so, it sounds like your tv is not connected to the internet. Presuming you have ATT for your internet, will move this to the Internet forum. You will get better answers there.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

thank you!  (My first time here; it's a little intimidating. Don't pass that on tho)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you; I will.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

THANK YOU!  I am so uneducated about all this!  But with some work (and technical interpretation) I understood your clear instructions!  And the good news is - they work again!!  Thanks for answering, especially since I gave you more info than you needed and I was in the wrong place.  T.Y. again!  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Wish it were that simple.  We worked for hours putting in our password and constantly heard the annoying voice saying we are not connected to the internet.did not have this issue before

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello@MotherD 

Perhaps a little more information and we can point you in the right direction.  What device are you trying to connect via WiFi to the gateway?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.