For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
SPEEDY36's profile

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Saturday, February 25th, 2017 3:24 AM

Uverse internet intermittent connection problem - ongoing issue

I have had a continual issue with Uverse.  My internet goes in and out.  I've had 3 techs here in the past 10 days.  No one can fix it.  I've had my wire replaced at my neighborhood box, I've spent hours on the phone and hours waiting for techs.  I own a business.  At this point, I am so fed up with Uverse's poor customer service.  I cannot remotely connect to my office because I get dumped.  I refuse to pay $300 a month.  This service is totally unacceptable.  I will be circulating flyers in my neighborhood, because it appears many people are having the same problem.  UVERSE, THE WORST INTERNET SERVICE AND THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I've been on the phone for an hour.  The first tech hung up on me after promising he would call back if we got cut off...  I own a.business. I'm paying Uverse and losing money in all the time I have spent on the phone/waiting for techs..  Uverse, this means war.  I refuse to pay for a service that does not function properly.  If I don't provide service to my customers, I lose them.  Uverse, it's your call.  You have 3 days to fix it or I will be switching providers ASAP.  Plus, I will be taking your router out into the street and running over it with my car.  Trust me, at this point YOU OWE ME A LOT OF MONEY!

[Inappropriate content removed] 

[Please keep it courteous]

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

@SPEEDY36

I am sure that AT&T appreciates your rant. Realize that in this day and age, the rhetoric you chose came close to legally becoming a threat. Anyway, I am referring to AT&T. @ATTHelpForums @ATTDSLCare

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Came close to legally becoming a threat?  Not even.  You have no idea what I've been through.  We've never had good service.  We pay them a fortune, plus I have seven business lines and 7 cell phones under AT&T.  Customer care gets me nowhere.  They just don't want to deal with my issue.  Therefore, I will be contacting my neighbors to see who else has this problem.  That is my right.

ps:  This means war is from Bugs Bunny lol.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Uverse, this means war. - Merely pointing out that you need to choose your words carefully on a public forum, even in anger and frustration. If you want to quote Bugs Bunny make sure you do so. Elmer Fudd: "Cwazy Wabbit".

I have referred your issue to AT&T but perhaps the tone used in your opening is making them a little gun shy. Did you use the same tone in your telephone conversations with AT&T Customer Service or the techs? If so, can you surmise why your experience seemed negative?

In your title you specify "Uverse internet intermittent connection problem" but you don't provide any detail. Is that with any device in your home network? Is it only when attempting to connect with an internet site? What are the error counts on the Settings/Broadband/Status page of your 5268ac show?

Common causes of issues similar to yours are resolved by disabling IPv6 on your 5268ac and using Google DNS on your devices (8.8.8.8).

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

I will check my settings, but shouldn't the 3 techs that have been here in the past 10 days have done that?  I mean, seriously, if their techs don't know that, then AT&T is clueless.  Please understand that when technicians come to my house, they laugh at my extensive repair history.  One tech was here for 4 1/2 hours the other day.

My settings/log page shows on, off, on, off et al..

Where do you disable IPv6?  We cannot find it.

I have a 2wire connection; the second wire keeps going out.  Last night my phone line was down for an hour, and my internet was down for 15 minutes.  That applies to all my devices in my house. At this point, I have really lost all patience with AT&T.  I own a business.  If I treated my customers like that, I would lose them.  I have every right to be extremely disappointed and angry with them.  I have managers' phone numbers.  I'm in the escalation department.  From what I've been hearing, the only way I'm going to get a response after so many service calls is to complain LOUDLY.  There is absolutely no excuse for the quality of my service.  

That's why my tone isn't so nice.  I suspect if you had ever gone through what I have gone through, your tone wouldn't be too nice either.  I've been nice for a long time.  I'm done with that.  It is patently obvious that AT&T could care less about people with chronic problems.  I can think of no reason why I shouldn't be angry.  I pay for service that I am not receiving.  Please, tell me why I should be nice at this point..  

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Please note that I have an MBA.  In one of my classs, we had to complain to a company who had not provided good service.  I complained to a muffler store and got a full refund.  I know how to complain nicely.  I'm way past that stage with AT&T.  

I am not paying my current bill; I will be calling the billing department on Monday.  Why on earth would anyone pay for a service that does not operate correctly?

Please note that I have been offered no refunds...

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

When I first got my AT&T service, something like 8 years ago, it took AT&T 6 months to get my connection reliable:

1. Ground loop in an AT&T box out in the street 1/4 mile away
  2. Circuit was not wired for data in that same box
  3. Longest time spent to discover that my cable connection comes up in four pedistles to punch down blocks. Normally that is not an issue but there is a FM radio transmitter less than 2 miles away and the RF was injecting noise into the punch down blocks. Tech merely removed my circuit from punch down blocks and spliced.

I still clock errors almost all are correctable by 5268ac.

To disable IPv6 go to Settings/LAN/IPv6. Wait, I am assuming you have a 5268ac but you never stated what type of AT&T equipment you have.

"I have a 2wire connection; the second wire keeps going out.  Last night my phone line ..." Are you saying you have Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) in addition to AT&T DSL service?

@ATTHelpForums @ATTDSLCare

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

No, my home phone line is through Uverse.  I really don't need it, but I've had that number a long time.  So, when my service goes out, I lose my phone service as well.

That is my router model...and won't disabling IPv6 slow down my internet speed?  That's not really a great solution since I'm paying for the fastest internet.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Also, I live in Florida, and our pole to pole wires are in really bad shape due to the hot sun.  AT&T will not replace them.  This has also been a year's-long ongoing situation.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

I mean a years-long situation...

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

"... won't disabling IPv6 slow down my internet speed?" IPv6 has nothing to do directly with speed. IPv6 allows for more IP address as well as more data traffic options/rules like packet priorities. However, IPv6 is not fully implemented on the internet as well as in applications and websites. If you want to get to a IPv6 enabled website your IPv6 packet will be encapsulated in IPv4 at various points in the internet. AT&T is enabling IPv6 at the edges of their network but the firmware in the 5268ac does not allow IPv6 to behave nicely to all devices. Having it enabled caused more data traffic in your home network than is necessary.

Your phone is digitized and uses the same internet connection as your home data network.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.