LadyLauren's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 3:37 AM

Uverse Service Has Not Been Stable Since Install

Multiple Tech visits (in-home and outside), STB replaced. The problem is intermittant, so every time it is fixed - I just hold my breath and wait. And sometimes I wait a whole evening with service and then the next day can't get it to stay up to save my life.

The connection drops randomly, all the time. UV Realtime dosn't show any obvious problems, other than the seriously high errors on the error table.

What can cause this? How can it be fixed? Is there a tier-2 for technicians? Please help!

Stats-2013-05-28-22-26-06.pngErrorTable-2013-05-28-22-19-27.pngBitloading-2013-05-28-22-27-45.png

3 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Hi Lauren,

You have an unusual version of a bridge tap on your line.  A bridge tap is an extra length of wire attached to your pair that doesn't terminate anywhere. It is usually left over from a previous customer that used your pair. Bridge taps cause problems with xDSL services.

Most bridge taps cause nulls (periodic areas of 0 bits) in the bitloading graph, or can cause a sinusoidal-variation in the tops of the bitloading graph.  Yours is one of the unusual types that result in an exponential decay across the entire graph.  In addition to the shape, other indications are fewer-than-required bits in the upload 1 band (resulting in the modems resorting to using the upload 0 band at the very left edge of the graph), and a max rate that is lower than expected for your distance (should be around 50-51 Mbps, yours is 46-47 Mbps).

Bridge taps that result in exponential decay are usually located closer to the VRAD, whereas the other types of bridge taps are closer to the house/apartment.

Let the customer service team you contacted get back in touch with you, and one of the senior technicians will get a linesman to come find the tap.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your major problems. They are available M-F 7am-10pm CST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I meant to post on here sorry, but we should not have to jump through hoops looking for trackers when ATT will just blow them off saying that program "UV Realtime" isn't reliable. They will toss it to the next person, all ATT is worried about right now is their "Huge money maker", Wireless LTE deployment, so I suggest xfinity even though I've been with uverse since 2008 & service was great till around 2010, I say to switch because you will continue to battle about your Internet or t.v with ATT, it will never be smooth like it once was many years ago, so see you never again U-Verse in about 1 month, then you can feed your excuses to these ppl. And I've been with them for 5 years now, guess what?, tech coming today..

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@kmap wrote:
I meant to post on here sorry, but we should not have to jump through hoops looking for trackers when ATT will just blow them off saying that program "UV Realtime" isn't reliable. They will toss it to the next person, all ATT is worried about right now is their "Huge money maker", Wireless LTE deployment, so I suggest xfinity even though I've been with uverse since 2008 & service was great till around 2010, I say to switch because you will continue to battle about your Internet or t.v with ATT, it will never be smooth like it once was many years ago, so see you never again U-Verse in about 1 month, then you can feed your excuses to these ppl. And I've been with them for 5 years now, guess what?, tech coming today..

Another one of your anti-Uverse rants.  I've had great service for 4 3/4 years. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi LadyLauren,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Ryan - Pinging you again here to see SomeJoe ' s reply as referenced in my email to you. 

Joe - No words.  Seriously.  Thank you for the answer.  I've asked Ryan to set up an OSP tech visit.  Once that is complete,  I'll update you on the result. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

So, my ATT guy is saying "outside tech basically reterminated some of the wiring outside but found the biggest issue with the inside wiring."

I restarted my RG, same looking pattern:

Bitloading-2013-05-30-23-06-30.png

Are you wrong, SomeJoe7777? Because I feel like you are right, but how do I convince them??? 

Assuming (as so many times before) this "on prem tech" FIXES NOTHING, how do I get ATT to truly understand that this is an issue with the wire between the VRAD amd the MDU???

Or, is it that the fourth premises technician dispatched is MAGIC?

I DO NOT want to return to the nasty Time Warner Cable GUI (oh, the nightmare!) - but ATT does not seem to (1) understand the problem, (2) trust the person who DOES understand the problem.

You've been here forever - surely you have a string you can pull?

Thanks, Lauren

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Hi Lauren,

Sorry you're still having trouble.

Get back with the Customer Care people (send another PM).  When talking with them and the prem tech (and/or line tech), focus on the symptoms that are making you consider leaving for Time-Warner.  Tell them explicitly that the connection is still intermittently dropping, what's been done so far, and that those remedies haven't worked.  Emphasize that the intermittent drop problem has to get fixed because the service isn't worth having if that continues.

I still believe it to be a line problem.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

My service is stable. No errors, no retrains, just some corrected blocks here and there. The I&R guy fixed the problem, and the "inside wiring issues" he tried to blame the disconnects on were non-existant. (The premises tech ran a LOT of tests, one invasive, to verify no line issues remained - inside or out.)

I've asked AT&T to refund the month of service I didn't have. (I feel that not asking them for emotional damages around increased stress levels makes that more that fair - LOL!) If I get that, I plan to split it with myself and a UV Realtime donation.

Conclusion:

- SomeJoe777 was right about it being near VRAD, in that it was the port swap at the VRAD that fixed the issue.

- Oddly, my bitloading graph doesn't really look different, but like I said: no errors & no retrains since the I&R guy.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Very cool, glad you're fixed up.  And thank you in advance for any donation you're willing to give. Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.