For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ozdemir23's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 3:26 AM

Uverse - Pace 5031NV - Can't setup Remote CCTV Access...

Prior to Uverse, I had Comcast Xfinity (not bad, but expensive).  I setup my CCTV DVR access through a Dynamic DNS and it worked like a charm.  The Xfinity RG was hooked up to a Linksys E3500 and that is how i setup a static ip to the DVR and port forwarding was done.

Now, I get Uverse a few weeks (a day before vacation) and the installer says "No Linksys".  So, I hook up the DVR to the unmanaged switch and the switch connected to the router.  I use the Pinholes, DMZ etc. setting to setup an application pointing to the static IP and open the same ports as before.

Guess what?  I cannot access the DVR.  In my mobile phone, i set it up using my RG IP address (whatismyip) and added the port like i would normally, but I cannot access the camera system.

I don't know if anyone understands my post, but i need help.  In a nutshell, i cannot setup my new Uverse Residential Gateway Pace 5031NV to allow port forwarding to my static ip DVR on the network.

By the way, through the RG i can see the ip setup for the DVR and i can access it locally, just not remotely.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

Jeff ace. You suggested a different source of the problem, but since the forum maintenance, your post was not part of the backup. Anyhow you thought maybe the gateway setting on my dvr was set according to my Linksys setup at 192.168.1.1. You were right. The uverse rg IP address is 192.168.1.254. I changed it and the clouds cleared. Sun was shining and I felt like the biggest fool. Thanks for pointing out the not-so-obvious check.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

I meant JefferMC. Thank you.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

JefferMC. We responded to this post at exactly the same time. I made the change last night and the mobile connection lit up. We are good to go and it was all you. Thanks a lot.

So how does my Xbox get connection since all I did there was to change the network I hooked up to and password? Separate issue and I won't worry about a response. Just got me thinking about other connections in house and their settings. Directv dvrs Xbox

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

@ozdemir23 wrote:
JefferMC. We responded to this post at exactly the same time. I made the change last night and the mobile connection lit up. We are good to go and it was all you. Thanks a lot.

Glad to hear you're up and running!

So how does my Xbox get connection since all I did there was to change the network I hooked up to and password? Separate issue and I won't worry about a response. Just got me thinking about other connections in house and their settings. Directv dvrs Xbox

The answer is static vs DHCP address acquisition.  When you configure a static address you have to configure the gateway and netmask manually (DNS too, if appropriate).  When an address is configured dynamically via DHCP, the DHCP server provides the default gateway, netmask and DNS addresses to the client.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

hello,

i have setup cctv with btcl internet,

is it posible to do port forwarding with btcl or not?

coz i can enter my dvr, but whn i login it says fail...

tht mean something wrong in btcl?

modem is coorrect coz i can entter my dvr thro dyndns from overseas..

can you suggest me any network or isp tht is rellible for cctv forwarding?

mahbub

mahbubsaber@hotmail.com

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

plz advise me whcih netwrok service provider can support cctv port forwarding

btcl

grameenphone,

aktel,

warid

zoom

baglaliionwimx?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry... What?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.