For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ozdemir23's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 3:26 AM

Uverse - Pace 5031NV - Can't setup Remote CCTV Access...

Prior to Uverse, I had Comcast Xfinity (not bad, but expensive).  I setup my CCTV DVR access through a Dynamic DNS and it worked like a charm.  The Xfinity RG was hooked up to a Linksys E3500 and that is how i setup a static ip to the DVR and port forwarding was done.

Now, I get Uverse a few weeks (a day before vacation) and the installer says "No Linksys".  So, I hook up the DVR to the unmanaged switch and the switch connected to the router.  I use the Pinholes, DMZ etc. setting to setup an application pointing to the static IP and open the same ports as before.

Guess what?  I cannot access the DVR.  In my mobile phone, i set it up using my RG IP address (whatismyip) and added the port like i would normally, but I cannot access the camera system.

I don't know if anyone understands my post, but i need help.  In a nutshell, i cannot setup my new Uverse Residential Gateway Pace 5031NV to allow port forwarding to my static ip DVR on the network.

By the way, through the RG i can see the ip setup for the DVR and i can access it locally, just not remotely.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

11 years ago

[Lithium, the company that runs this board for AT&T, suffered a long outage and lost a couple of days of content... I'm trying to pick up this thread where it left off.]

When last we spoke, we thought that this issue could be caused by a bad gateway address on the DVR.  Have you been able to check that?

One point I wanted to remake here is that a port scanner works by trying for a response on a port.  It can't tell the difference between a firewall that dropped the connection attempt and one that passed it, but nothing behind it responded.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

11 years ago

1) You could have used your Linksys in a router behind router configuration.  See post 2 in this thread.

2) When you test this using your mobile phone, are you on your local WiFi or on the carrier network.  I'm not sure about the 5031's firmware, but the other RG's will not loopback the public address into your network if you're on local WiFi.  If on your carrier's network, it should work. 

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

Well I did not want to use the router behind the rg because I was concerned
about bridging the rg since I have voice.

I made sure I was not on local network. Does not work. Something wrong with
my setup but I can't figure it out.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hm... a lot of people have done this with the other RGs, and you should be able to as well.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of each of the relavant configuration pages?  The thing in the editor window that looks like a tree (between the link and the filmstrip) will allow you to upload pictures or link to pictures elsewhere on the web.

Hide your public IP address if it appears on any of those captures, please, or the moderators will delete the picture.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

I will upload pictures when I get home. I am pretty sure I have done
everything right. But you never know.

If i put the rg in bridge mode will my voice service still work?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

11 years ago

Yes.  The IP Passthru mode of that modem isn't quite Bridge Mode.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

What is the IP Passthru mode? How do i engage or enable this? Do i need to setup the linksys ea3500 differently or do i just use that as managed switch/router.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

Here are a few screen shots from the settings and other tabs for the rg.

Fullscreen capture 832013 84432 PM.jpg

[removed image showing MAC address]

Fullscreen capture 832013 84552 PM.jpg

Fullscreen capture 832013 84554 PM.jpg

Fullscreen capture 832013 84835 PM.jpg

Fullscreen capture 832013 84855 PM.jpg

This is the most interesting.  The log below shows the packet passed to the dvr but its not working.  So, its close but i don't know what this means.

Fullscreen capture 832013 85522 PM.jpg

6 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

11 years ago

Does the device itself work on ports 8100 & 8180, or are those just the external ports you used on the previous configuration and mapped it to a different port on the DVR as it was translated through the NAT?

BTW, I mispoke.  "IP Passthrough" is the Motorola term.  Pace uses "DMZ Plus".  But you should be able to just configure the pin holes and use the Security DVR wtihout using this "psuedo-bridge" set up.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

Not sure. It is a Honeywell hrep 16d2t. I have another one at work and it was setup using those ports and it worked. I used those same ports for my old configuration.

Dmzplus mode is not desirable if I don't have to do it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.