Uverse-Motorola NVG589 - 2 XBOX consoles on one Network - AND an OPEN NAT ??? possible or not???

Tutor

Uverse-Motorola NVG589 - 2 XBOX consoles on one Network - AND an OPEN NAT ??? possible or not???

Looking for a solution to maintain OPEN NAT for both XBOX 360 consoles.

Equipment list:

• XBOX Console  (x2)
  • ATT/Uverse Fiber Optic internet service
  • Motorola NVG589

I've literally tried all kinds of settings adjustments within the router, port forward, DMZ, opening the Synonomous "XBOX ports" 3074-88-80-53 ... seriously.  I've seen almost every crazy method except for the fact that most articles/blogs/posts are discussing OPEN NAT for ONE XBOX console, not 2. 

The only "solution" I haven't tried yet and am reluctant to try becuase it involves spending money is to convert the NVG589 to modem, then Cascade anouther router to be the actual router.  DON"T want to do that and am hoping someone has a solution ...

Please don't respond if your solution is to do Port forward or Open Ports 3074-88-80-53 or any other ports beucase I've already tried and that is not successful solution.  When you open specific ports most routers require those specific configuratoins to be assigned to on specific Devise - i.e. a laptop, xbox, etc.

Looking for a method of opening all incoming ports for multiple/specific devices - or just all of them.

Message 1 of 19 (8,442 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: 2 XBOX consoles - 1 Network - & OPEN NAT - Cascade 2nd Router behind NVG589

[ Edited ]

You connect the WAN port of your router to a LAN port of the RG.  Configure your router in DMZplus/IP Passthrough using the RG configuration pages.  This means that the traffic between router and the RG is nearly unmolested; your router can perform NAT and UPnP operations without worrying about the RG.

Then you connect both of your consoles wirelessly or via LAN ports to your router.  Your router opens ports to make your games say "NAT type: Open" (which is a term gaming software/consoles invented which has no basis in actual networking terminology).

see post 2 in this thread for a little more information.  There's also a very good post around that goes step by step with screenshots for configuring the NVG 589.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19 (6,609 Views)
Highlighted

On the Belkin N750 do I Dmzing one of the Xboxes or the router itself? Like my belkin default is 192.168.2.1. Is this the Dmz ip I need?
Message 17 of 19 (6,583 Views)

Man maybe I should go back to Metronet. Never had any of these problems. Also had fiber optic network with 50 down 25 up and it wasn't no more then At&t.
Message 18 of 19 (6,572 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just went with the static ip block. I could'nt get the bridge to preform right all the time. I will have to figure out how to setup static ips on NVG 589 and the Xboxes as well. Have read a couple things but still not clear on the process.

Message 19 of 19 (6,542 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.