seang8gt's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 9:11 PM

Uverse-Motorola NVG589 - 2 XBOX consoles on one Network - AND an OPEN NAT ??? possible or not???

Looking for a solution to maintain OPEN NAT for both XBOX 360 consoles.

Equipment list:

• XBOX Console  (x2)
  • ATT/Uverse Fiber Optic internet service
  • Motorola NVG589

I've literally tried all kinds of settings adjustments within the router, port forward, DMZ, opening the Synonomous "XBOX ports" 3074-88-80-53 ... seriously.  I've seen almost every crazy method except for the fact that most articles/blogs/posts are discussing OPEN NAT for ONE XBOX console, not 2. 

The only "solution" I haven't tried yet and am reluctant to try becuase it involves spending money is to convert the NVG589 to modem, then Cascade anouther router to be the actual router.  DON"T want to do that and am hoping someone has a solution ...

Please don't respond if your solution is to do Port forward or Open Ports 3074-88-80-53 or any other ports beucase I've already tried and that is not successful solution.  When you open specific ports most routers require those specific configuratoins to be assigned to on specific Devise - i.e. a laptop, xbox, etc.

Looking for a method of opening all incoming ports for multiple/specific devices - or just all of them.

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

10 years ago

Please see http://forums.att.com/t5/Device-Setup/Pace-5310NV-and-multiple-xbox360-s/m-p/3689599#M993

Pay particular attention to somejoe7777 posts as well as david's.

Basically need to spend money.....but at least not an another open port reply you did not want.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

And just because that thread is about a PACE 5031 instead of an NVG 589, don't get hung up on that; it applies to pretty much any NAT gateway that doesn't support UPnP (which includes all of AT&T's).  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah ...figuring that out.  So many misguided suggestions out there - seems pretty basic once you understand that you are trying to open a specific incoming doorway for XBOX live traffic but if the router can't duplicate those specific door ways you can't run 2 consoles on the same network... am I right about that?  Still looking for a good router - suggestions anyone?  Need a "gaming" or "UPNP equipped" router.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@seang8gt wrote:

Yeah ...figuring that out.  So many misguided suggestions out there - seems pretty basic once you understand that you are trying to open a specific incoming doorway for XBOX live traffic but if the router can't duplicate those specific door ways you can't run 2 consoles on the same network... am I right about that? 

Exactly.  There are only two pieces of address information coming in to route the packet, (a) the IP address (shared by every device behind the NAT router) and (b) port.  When an outbound connection is opened, the router knows who what address/port opened a connection to what address/port, then the return comes back in, he can route it.  When you open a port, you're telling the router (a) to accept the packet (instead of throwing it away) and (b) where to send it.  You can't tell it two different places to send it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

This is a follow up to my last post: 

Uverse-Motorola NVG589 - 2 XBOX consoles on one Network - AND an OPEN NAT ???  possible or not???

I'm also posting this so that anyone attempting to Run 2 Xbox 360 Consoles off one Network can understand why this is the ONLY method that works – especially if you have the {word filter evasion} child of Internet Service, AT&T Uverse. 

Discoveries:

1. One XBOX connect to ONE network - If you have ONE XBOX console connected to your network and have any NAT issues – Opening the “XBOX” ports 3074, 88, 80, 53 should work to change your NAT from Strict/Moderate to OPEN.  There are various methods of achieving this found pretty much everywhere
  2. 2 XBOX’s connected to ONE network – NVG589 – cannot and will not connect multiple XBOX consoles because of IP address issues and the simple fact that NONE of the AT&T routers are capable of PORT TRIGGERING nor UPnP. 
  3. 2nd ROUTER behind AT&T router is the only way to setup 2 consoles …???  I think

First, Updated Equipment list:

• XBOX Console  (x2)
  • ATT/Uverse Fiber Optic internet service
  • Motorola NVG589 (Modem?)
  • (NEW) Linksys – EA6300 – Router

For the rest of this post I am going to refer to the NVG589 as the “MODEM” and the new “cascaded router” (Linksys-EA6300) as the “ROUTER. 

First issue I had when trying to installing/connect the new router was how to “Login” to the ROUTER settings.  For example, the standard IP address for the AT&T Modem (NVG589) is 192.68.1.254.

So … how/what IP address do you or CAN you use to login to the settings for the Cascaded Router? 

This particular router requires you to go to www.linksyssmartwifi.com to login for firs use.  The only issue with that is this website won’t recognize the router or keeps sending me to a page within Linksys telling me I need a firmware update.  Downloaded the Firmware – saved to hard drive in a folder – but still cannot access/login to Linksys router settings … not sure what to do and can’t even attempt to cascade or move forward. 

Need to know how to get into this router settings page, anyone have this router or setup any Linksys within the last year that has done this?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same set up. The NVG589 and the linksys EWA6900.

To get back into the Linksys Router, plug an ethernet cable directly between the Linksy and the computer.

Then try the login as 192.168.1.1. You still have to have the login information. Alternatively,  you might try to plug the Linksys into the Motorola NVG589. Then you can go to the Linksys website and log in via the internet. I have done it this way.

I have 3Xbox 360's and I have had them all on the Red Dead Redemtion Multiplayer game at the same time, but that was with a Time Warner Modem.

I am still trying to find out how to turn the NVG589 NAT settings on.

Any clue? 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

PS. I have had the 3 xboxes online at the same time by having one on the NVG589, one on the EA6900 and one connected to a powerline ethernet adapter connected to the EA6900 that is in turn connected to the NVG589.

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

10 years ago

I posted a very specific how to under the post titled "3 Methods to connect an XBox for multi-player gaming" dated Jan 4 2014.

It is the only way to get a NAT OPEN, if don't insert a UPnP router into your set-up you may be able to use 2 XBox's just fine but they won't have a NAT of Open.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Its time for you "ATT" to put a router out that has the ability to ip pass through for multiple devices!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Or a UPnP would do the job also but would rather be able to put in pass-through though
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.