fjm4160's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 24th, 2014 1:27 PM

Updating firmware

I have a 2700 Gateway modem and am wondering about keeping the firmware current.  I've heard from an ATT technician that ATT updates the firmware on a regular basis.  Is this correct or, is this something that I should be doing myself.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@fjm4160@  wrote:

I have a 2700 Gateway modem and am wondering about keeping the firmware current.  I've heard from an ATT technician that ATT updates the firmware on a regular basis.  Is this correct or, is this something that I should be doing myself.

AT&T normally pushes out firmware updates as they become available.

If you do a factory reset on the Gateway, it should do a check for updates. To do a factory reset, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds (with the Gateway plugged in). You will need a toothpick or an unfolded paperclip to press the reset button. After to perform a factory reset you will have to re-enter any changes you did to the default configuration in the Gateway.

There may also be a button you can click on in the Gateway's user interface to check for firmware updates.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.  With the recent articles about "protecting your router", I just wanted to make sure that I'm current.  fjm

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have a Pace 5168NV-101 modem from U-Verse. I'm trying to find the latest firmware to download it and upgrade my modem. I already know what I have to do to upgrade it, I just need the .pkgstream file.

I've been looking for an hour, and you'd think it's easier to find a fricking firmware update, but I couldn't.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@epd_04 wrote:

I have a Pace 5168NV-101 modem from U-Verse. I'm trying to find the latest firmware to download it and upgrade my modem. I already know what I have to do to upgrade it, I just need the .pkgstream file.

I've been looking for an hour, and you'd think it's easier to find a fricking firmware update, but I couldn't.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Nothing you can do to get it, ATT will push it when it needs to be done.   If nothing came down when you first installed it, there's nothing to it and it's current.

I've had my 3800 for more than 6 years and in that time it's only had 3 upgrades, last one almost a year ago. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.