Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Updating firmware on my AT&T modem/router

Contributor

Updating firmware on my AT&T modem/router

How do I update the firmware on my NVG599 modem/router?  When I go into the interface on my browser it says I need to download the file from AT&T to my hard drive and then install it manually.  How do I check for updates?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by genchiro
‎05-04-2017 3:32 PM

Re: Updating firmware on my AT&T modem/router

Where in the interface does it say that? I have a NVG599 and don't see anything like that nor have I ever heard of explicit requests to manually download firmware updates for the ATT gateways.  ATT pushes updates on their own schedule so you should be already updated.

You could push the factory reset to force updates if you want to however.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Arris NVG599 Update page.PNG

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Wish there was clear communication from AT&T as to what the latest F/W is for a particular router.  Even trying to find this from the Arris website is difficult.  For certain routers, they refer you back to AT&T.

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Professor

FWIW, I fell into that trap too, so don't feel bad.  Even with an ATT tech standing next to me.  I've had a number of routers that use a UI like that so one thinks the device is actually doing a version check, when in fact all it is capable of doing is installing an already available download.  And there really isn't a way for and end user to locate and download firmware for the RG.  There's also no changelog posted to indicate what updates were actually made.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

How do I update my ATT Modem 5268AC FXN.  I can't get my Tap to connect to my wi-fi even though it has been connected for over a year now to same modem . . . 

Help!

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

Great Post..  confirms as well as reaffirms what I have been noticing and getting more and more irritated and sickened by for some time now..   it would seem that anything and everything att does is veiled and there aint a    %$^&*  dang  &^%$   thing you can do about it..  at least that's how it seems to me.   most everyone knows the relationship att has with the nsa..  makes me sick

used to really look up to this organization

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support